Windows 32bit RAM Need help

I recently found out (because I am a noob) That windows 32bit can only support about 4gb of RAM. I got a new Mobo and processor and my mobo cannot support windows vista 64bit so we put in the windows 7 32bit thinking it was because of the 64bit.

So my question is if my mobo cannot support 64bit vista does that mean it cannot support windows 7 64bit?

Thank you for you time.
6 answers Last reply
More about windows 32bit help
  1. What board do you have?

They could be saying that due to lack of Vista drivers for your board, and if that's the case then there isn't much of a chance for Windows 7 driver support for that board as well.
  2. ran contact microsoft they give you a new key for a 64bit windows 7. then you can download windows 7 64bit and install it on your system. if not ms should be able to send you a new set of disk for a cheap amount.
  3. Ok I get a 64bit key from microsoft.
  4. CDdude55 said:
    What board do you have?

They could be saying that due to lack of Vista drivers for your board, and if that's the case then there isn't much of a chance for Windows 7 driver support for that board as well.

I have a 990XA-GD55 MSI

P.S. My dad and friend put in my upgrade btw it wasn't some store so we could be completely wrong.
  5. Ranar said:
    I have a 990XA-GD55 MSI

P.S. My dad and friend put in my upgrade btw it wasn't some store so we could be completely wrong.

That's a very new board, it should support Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit just fine.

Here's that boards driver page, it has everything from Windows 8 to Vista and XP drivers for your board, just pick what OS you're running: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/990XA-GD55.html#/?div=Driver&os=Win8%2064
  6. oh ok thank you so much I think I am going to get a key contacted ms
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7 Support RAM Windows Vista