New Tungsten E versus Palm 111xe

December 20, 2004 4:08:36 PM

I just purchased a Tungsten E from Office Depot. I have a Palm 111xe
that I've had since 2000. My question, I can keep two separate Palm
Systems on my computer? If not, is there a way where I can populate my
T|E with the data, files from my old Palm 3xe? I only want to send
selected files over. Furthermore, I know the T|E doesn't come with
Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, however, is there a SD Card that can convert it
into a BlueTooth or WiFi device? Thanks for any inquires. Lastly,
would you recommend purchasing the Product Plan Replacement from Office
Depot? They are offering 2 years for $59.00. Don't know the history
regarding malfunctioning T|Es. Thanks.
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 12:21:52 AM

In article <1103576916.215224.312490@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
"boybrown" <boybrown@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just purchased a Tungsten E from Office Depot. I have a Palm 111xe
> that I've had since 2000. My question, I can keep two separate Palm
> Systems on my computer?

Under two separate, different user names.

If not, is there a way where I can populate my
> T|E with the data, files from my old Palm 3xe? I only want to send
> selected files over.

Yes. You can transfer everything over to the T|E or you can transfer
select files. Go to Palmone.com/Support to find step-by-step instructons.

Not yet. Check out www.enfora.com.

> would you recommend purchasing the Product Plan Replacement from Office
> Depot? They are offering 2 years for $59.00. Don't know the history
> regarding malfunctioning T|Es. Thanks.

The quality of the T|Es has less to do with it, I think, than the way you
handle and manage the device. Do you keep it in a back pocket, or do you
provide some protection? Etc.
December 21, 2004 1:41:27 AM

"boybrown" <boybrown@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1103576916.215224.312490@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
<snip>
> would you recommend purchasing the Product Plan Replacement from Office
> Depot? They are offering 2 years for $59.00. Don't know the history
> regarding malfunctioning T|Es. Thanks.

I have an TE. There are two areas of concern for me:

- short battery life: giving a total on time of about 4 hours before a recharge
- the graffiti area: on both TEs I've owned (I returned the first, and will probably return my current one as well),
it has become progressively less responsive, and now is almost impossible to use. Others have reported the same. My
old m125's graffiti worked fine for years.

Depending on the terms of Office Depot's plan, it may be a good investment. The best investment may be to return the
TE and buy another Palm.

- Dugie
December 21, 2004 2:43:33 AM

In article <ryIxd.198623$Np3.8198154@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>, "Dugie"
<d_fren@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

> "boybrown" <boybrown@gmail.com> wrote in message
> <snip>
> > would you recommend purchasing the Product Plan Replacement from Office
> > Depot? They are offering 2 years for $59.00. Don't know the history
> > regarding malfunctioning T|Es. Thanks.
>
> I have an TE. There are two areas of concern for me:
>
> - short battery life: giving a total on time of about 4 hours before a
recharge

Which is fairly typical of newer handheld devices with bright, color
displays. Also depends on what you're doing during use. I can listen to 3
hours of MP3 files, continuously, without depleting the battery by more
than 30%.

> - the graffiti area: on both TEs I've owned (I returned the first, and
will probably return my current one as well),
> it has become progressively less responsive, and now is almost
impossible to use.

Depends on how one writes: pressure, etc.
December 21, 2004 6:12:33 AM

"Guy Bannis" <guy@ether.net> wrote in message news:guy-2012041543340001@192.168.1.100...
> In article <ryIxd.198623$Np3.8198154@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>, "Dugie"
> <d_fren@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> displays. Also depends on what you're doing during use. I can listen to 3
> hours of MP3 files, continuously, without depleting the battery by more
> than 30%.

I use it as I used my m125 & 130, mostly schedules, contacts, memos, playing solitaire.

> > - the graffiti area: on both TEs I've owned (I returned the first, and
> will probably return my current one as well),
> > it has become progressively less responsive, and now is almost
> impossible to use.
>
> Depends on how one writes: pressure, etc.

I use the least pressure needed to write, as I did with the m125 & 130, and they gave me no problems after years of
use.
Both of the TE's graffiti area began to fail after a few weeks of use.

- Dugie
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 7:49:19 AM

In article <BwMxd.198724$Np3.8204481@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>, "Dugie"
<d_fren@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

> "Guy Bannis" <guy@ether.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Depends on how one writes: pressure, etc.
>
> I use the least pressure needed to write, as I did with the m125 & 130,
and they gave me no problems after years of
> use.
> Both of the TE's graffiti area began to fail after a few weeks of use.

Anyone know if the screen is made of a different technology on the T|E
than on the M125 and M130?
!