AS4820TG-5637

Status
Not open for further replies.

network24

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0339942

I think this is the laptop i'm going to buy. I have not been able to find anything that could outperform it for this price. The battery life on it is also very good since I will be using it for college in two years. I saw cheaper Acers but the battery life on them was like 2-3 hours and i'm assuming that means on idle mode and that seems too short. What do you all think of this model? Does anyone have any personal experience with this model? Feel free to suggest any models you all feel are better but it has to be no more than $800.

P.S. Where can I find a 5820TG with an HD 5650? I have not been able to find one in the US.

Well, it depends on what you want to do with it. If you plan to game extensively, fill out the FAQ thread at the top of the forum and we can take a look around the net to see what we can find. If you do just a bit of casual gaming though and really plan to use it for school related matters, i.e. papers, etc..., I think that it will suit you well for the next few years.

network24

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009

Budget: $800

Size: 14 or 15 inch

Resolution: Don't Care

Battery Life: 4-5 hours doing light use (internet surfing)

Games: Yes (any settings just no lag but it must have atleast a HD 5650), Batman Arkham Asylum 1 and 2 (2011), Burnout Paradise, Need For Speed: World, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (Upcoming 2010), Prince of Persia (2008), Split/Second, Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2 (Upcoming 2010), Test Drive Unlimited 2

Other Tasks: Internet and Word, Powerpoint, etc

Storage: Don't Care

Usage: Want to keep as long as possible

network24

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
Has anyone found anything?

Budget: $800

Size: 14 or 15 inch

Resolution: Don't Care

Battery Life: 4-5 hours doing light use (internet surfing)

Games: Yes (any settings just no lag but it must have atleast a HD 5650), Batman Arkham Asylum 1 and 2 (2011), Burnout Paradise, Need For Speed: World, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (Upcoming 2010), Prince of Persia (2008), Split/Second, Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2 (Upcoming 2010), Test Drive Unlimited 2

Other Tasks: Internet and Word, Powerpoint, etc

Storage: Don't Care

Usage: Want to keep as long as possible

sidewinderx2

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
google the Lenovo Y460. It's a bit thicker than the 4820tg, but it has more port/connections, so if that's important to you, that might be a good choice. the and specs and battery life are otherwise comparable, with the lenovo about $100 more expensive... but it's a Lenovo, so it has better build quality, even if (in my opinion, anyways) they are more ugly (but they are getting better!)

Status
Not open for further replies.