HELP! I need a budget webcam

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorminster

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
So i've started doing just a bit of streaming on justin TV and my girlfriend is a huge fan of Skype. I figure now is a decent time to look into a budget webcam. Id like something to stream at 720P. Honestly beyond that, i don't know much about all the available features and the pros/cons of having things like autofocus. It's very important that the webcam has a good microphone as well, as it will become my primary mic for ventrilo, heroes of newerth, and all other voip utilizations. Being able to mount to the top of my samsung LCD monitor is also important. My budget lies somewhere between 30-50$. Windows 7 64 bit

Thanks!

zorminster

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
It doesn't appear that that particular camera hits even 25 fps @ a 720P resolution if i had to guess based on the two data points it provides... Doesn't seem like a quality piece to me based on that and the reviews which seem to indicate it's got pretty dodgy audio capture

zorminster

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
Do you have experience with either of these products you've linked? I'm able to search newegg for stuff that appears to be in the price range, and i can certainly browse the posted reviews... But i'd like to hear some first hand feedback from people who have experience with the products they're recommending.

zorminster

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
What kind of framerates are you getting at 720P ? Any issues with skype or any other capture software? I'm particularly interested if you have any experience with XSPLIT. Hows it handle low light? Can you get a pretty good image with just the light of your monitor as people are claiming on the logitech c310? Is the autofocus *REALLY* as finicky as the newegg reviews indicate?

Status
Not open for further replies.