How to Upfrade drivers/software for TrueMobile 1300 networ..

About seven months ago, I bought a TrueMobile 2300 router and Truemobile
1300 network card for my Lat L400 notebook. This evening I loaded WPA
security on the router, then went to the notebook to load WPA security. The
notebook TM1300 only allows WEP security. Then I went to dell support site
to look for updated software for the TM 1300. Didn't find any. How can I
upgrade thee TM1300 so I can load WPA on it.?
I have no experience with wireless networks. Where can I go to find info
that'll bring me up to speed?
I also upgraded to XP Pro where can I find info on how to setup a peer to
peer network with xp pro and the W2K Pro Lat L400 notebook

Thanks,

Mike
4 answers Last reply
More about upfrade drivers software truemobile 1300 networ

    Hi Mike,
    I am new to networking also. I found help for a two problems I was having
    with XP Pro at this Tek forum
    http://www.tek-tips.com/index.cfm, I would suggest Dell's customer forum
    under Networking, and
    when problem solving I do a " Google Search".
    Carolyn

    "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > About seven months ago, I bought a TrueMobile 2300 router and Truemobile
    > 1300 network card for my Lat L400 notebook. This evening I loaded WPA
    > security on the router, then went to the notebook to load WPA security.
    The
    > notebook TM1300 only allows WEP security. Then I went to dell support
    site
    > to look for updated software for the TM 1300. Didn't find any. How can I
    > upgrade thee TM1300 so I can load WPA on it.?
    > I have no experience with wireless networks. Where can I go to find info
    > that'll bring me up to speed?
    > I also upgraded to XP Pro where can I find info on how to setup a peer to
    > peer network with xp pro and the W2K Pro Lat L400 notebook
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    Look on the Dell support forums as well. There is a lot of info there
    about using the TM1300, particularly with computers that didn't ship with
    it.

    --
    Thomas M. Goethe

    "Molly" <ctalia4000@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Hi Mike,
    > I am new to networking also. I found help for a two problems I was having
    > with XP Pro at this Tek forum
    > http://www.tek-tips.com/index.cfm, I would suggest Dell's customer
    forum
    > under Networking, and
    > when problem solving I do a " Google Search".
    > Carolyn
    >
    > "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > About seven months ago, I bought a TrueMobile 2300 router and Truemobile
    > > 1300 network card for my Lat L400 notebook. This evening I loaded WPA
    > > security on the router, then went to the notebook to load WPA security.
    > The
    > > notebook TM1300 only allows WEP security. Then I went to dell support
    > site
    > > to look for updated software for the TM 1300. Didn't find any. How can
    > > upgrade thee TM1300 so I can load WPA on it.?
    > > I have no experience with wireless networks. Where can I go to find
    info
    > > that'll bring me up to speed?
    > > I also upgraded to XP Pro where can I find info on how to setup a peer
    > > peer network with xp pro and the W2K Pro Lat L400 notebook
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Mike

    Thanks for the tip, Carolyn. I've setup several p2p w2k and win98/w2k,
    but xp baffles me.

    Mike

    "Molly" <ctalia4000@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Hi Mike,
    > I am new to networking also. I found help for a two problems I was having
    > with XP Pro at this Tek forum
    > http://www.tek-tips.com/index.cfm, I would suggest Dell's customer
    forum
    > under Networking, and
    > when problem solving I do a " Google Search".
    > Carolyn
    >
    > "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > About seven months ago, I bought a TrueMobile 2300 router and Truemobile
    > > 1300 network card for my Lat L400 notebook. This evening I loaded WPA
    > > security on the router, then went to the notebook to load WPA security.
    > The
    > > notebook TM1300 only allows WEP security. Then I went to dell support
    > site
    > > to look for updated software for the TM 1300. Didn't find any. How can
    > > upgrade thee TM1300 so I can load WPA on it.?
    > > I have no experience with wireless networks. Where can I go to find
    info
    > > that'll bring me up to speed?
    > > I also upgraded to XP Pro where can I find info on how to setup a peer
    > > peer network with xp pro and the W2K Pro Lat L400 notebook
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Mike

    I got a response on the inspiron-networking forum.
    Need to go back there tonight.

    Mike

    "Thomas M. Goethe" <goethe11@lycos.com> wrote in message
    > Look on the Dell support forums as well. There is a lot of info there
    > about using the TM1300, particularly with computers that didn't ship with
    > it.
    >

    > --
    > Thomas M. Goethe
    >
    > "Molly" <ctalia4000@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > Hi Mike,
    > > I am new to networking also. I found help for a two problems I was
    having
    > > with XP Pro at this Tek forum
    > > http://www.tek-tips.com/index.cfm, I would suggest Dell's customer
    > forum
    > > under Networking, and
    > > when problem solving I do a " Google Search".
    > > Carolyn
    > >
    > > "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > > About seven months ago, I bought a TrueMobile 2300 router and
    Truemobile
    > > > 1300 network card for my Lat L400 notebook. This evening I loaded
    WPA
    > > > security on the router, then went to the notebook to load WPA
    security.
    > > The
    > > > notebook TM1300 only allows WEP security. Then I went to dell support
    > > site
    > > > to look for updated software for the TM 1300. Didn't find any. How
    can
    > > > upgrade thee TM1300 so I can load WPA on it.?
    > > > I have no experience with wireless networks. Where can I go to find
    > info
    > > > that'll bring me up to speed?
    > > > I also upgraded to XP Pro where can I find info on how to setup a peer
    > > > peer network with xp pro and the W2K Pro Lat L400 notebook
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > >
    > > > Mike

Dell Security Notebooks Computers