Cannot send e-mail or login to certain sites

Good day,

I've just installed a US Robotics wireless router to be
used with my MS Wireless Notebook Adapter MN-720. I am
running Windows XP Pro which has not been upgraded to SP2
yet.

When I'm plugged into the network via a cable everything
works fine however when I disconnect the cable and attach
to my wireless router I can no longer send e-mails within
Outlook, I get a TCP/IP error stating that the SMTP
server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. I
can, however receive messages.

In addition, I cannot login to Hotmail and other similar
sites, when I try I get a "server not found" error. Also
when I tried to post a message here I got that same error.

I've already contacted US Robotics and they have
escalated the call and they suggested that I check with
Microsoft. I thought that I would also post a message
here to see if anyone has encountered these problems
before.

Thank you for any help.

Kevin
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot send mail login sites

    While connected via wireless do the following & post the results.

    1) Go to start | run | type in "command" (without the quotes) | click on
    OK. (No results from this operation other then the black Windows opening
    up.)

    2) Type in "ping www.google.com" (without the quotes) & press enter

    3) Type in "ping www.homestead.com" (without the quotes) & press enter

    4) Type in "ping 216.239.57.99" (without the quotes) & press enter (this
    is www.google.com)

    5) Type in "ping 209.157.71.50" (without the quotes) & press enter (this
    is www.homestead.com)

    Kevin wrote:

    > Good day,
    >
    > I've just installed a US Robotics wireless router to be
    > used with my MS Wireless Notebook Adapter MN-720. I am
    > running Windows XP Pro which has not been upgraded to SP2
    > yet.
    >
    > When I'm plugged into the network via a cable everything
    > works fine however when I disconnect the cable and attach
    > to my wireless router I can no longer send e-mails within
    > Outlook, I get a TCP/IP error stating that the SMTP
    > server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. I
    > can, however receive messages.
    >
    > In addition, I cannot login to Hotmail and other similar
    > sites, when I try I get a "server not found" error. Also
    > when I tried to post a message here I got that same error.
    >
    > I've already contacted US Robotics and they have
    > escalated the call and they suggested that I check with
    > Microsoft. I thought that I would also post a message
    > here to see if anyone has encountered these problems
    > before.
    >
    > Thank you for any help.
    >
    > Kevin

    Thank you for getting back to me,

    I performed the pings, here are the results;

    "ping www.google.com" returned 64.233.171.104
    "ping www.homestead.com" returned 209.157.71.50
    "ping 216.239.57.99" returned 216.239.57.99
    "ping 209.157.71.50" returned 209.157.71.50

    Hope you can help me.

Routers Wireless Router Networking