Scam artist on check scam have contacted me (3 of them!)

I've heard about all the stories of the Nigerian Check Scam on Mr.
Pinball but never had anyone personally E-mail me like that before but
now I have three Idiots Wanting the Pinball I listed on Mr. Pinball.
Should I have some fun with them and have them send me fake money
orders??? Any Suggestions or Comments are Welcomed.

What are the E-mails of the guys E-mailing you?

I got rid of one of the guys by telling him I accept Cash, Cash, and
Cash but the other two are nutz I agree with your other post of the
English of a Third Grader and one guy offered my 4000 for a 550 game.

I have a James Goodwill @ James_goodwill5000@yahoo.com
and a Wright Gregory @ Islandercrew83@yahoo.ca

I guess my Grammer isn't much better than theirs

I had three of them email me too. Micheal Smush, James Goodwill, and
dave. Even though my ad specifically states I will not ship, local
pickup only. Very annoying. I'm glad that the Mr. Pinball ads are
there though.

Aaron

I say mess with them. Tell them that they must send payment next day
air. And if you don't recieve it in 5 days, your selling to someone
else. That way they have to spend a ton of money to send you the
payment fast. I've recieved a couple of fake M.O.s already. If you
take them to the post office with the envelope they sent them in. The
post office is doing a ongoing investigation on this issue. Waste the
scammers time and money as much as possible.

Just forward both their emails onto abuse@yahoo.com and let yahoo deal
with it - yahoo will probably close their email accounts down

What about just saying that the pins are already sold?

Doug

Nwojedi wrote:
> I say mess with them. Tell them that they must send payment next day
> air. And if you don't recieve it in 5 days, your selling to someone
> else. That way they have to spend a ton of money to send you the
> payment fast. I've recieved a couple of fake M.O.s already. If you
> take them to the post office with the envelope they sent them in. The
> post office is doing a ongoing investigation on this issue. Waste the
> scammers time and money as much as possible.

jono

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

I have one that is willing to pay me $14,999 for my William Little
Chief. I replied and said that I made a mistake and the Price is
$149,999. We will see... ;-)

Jono

PinblWz wrote:
> I've heard about all the stories of the Nigerian Check Scam on Mr.
> Pinball but never had anyone personally E-mail me like that before but
> now I have three Idiots Wanting the Pinball I listed on Mr. Pinball.
> Should I have some fun with them and have them send me fake money
> orders??? Any Suggestions or Comments are Welcomed.

I have played with these guys and after a few exchanges have said I
have another buyer interested but since they were first I would sell to
them if they send me a small deposit by Western Union while I wait for
the balance. I have asked for as little as $25.00 but nobody has taken
me up on it yet.
Bob

Mess with them,

I have a blast with these yo-yo's.

1. Use a lot of profanity. (If your etheics allow you to do so).
2. Include Spanish or other foreign words.
3. If you have another recent scamers email forward them to that guy
as "he handles all my affairs".
4. Go into all kinds of personal health issues.
5. Tell them you would like a family picture of them with thier wife
and kids. Tell them you'll send them one too. Find any old picture off
the internet. Hell I sent Michael Jackson's picture more than once.
6. Mispell every other word or type them phonetically.
7. Use terms that don't make sense.
8. Use part names that don't make sense but are not too easy to figure
out. like, "does the flipper orbertolla have the small factory cuts in
it"? Or, "is the magley rotating properly"?
9. Redirect the scammer to other subjects often. Talk about polictics
or religion.
10. Use "God bless" a lot. They seem to really like that.
11. Try to inlude, (attach if you will), small or medium size pdf
files to tie up thier mailbox space.
12. Include links to porn sites, (yeah, some of you do), as this is
where your personal info is. Tell them they can get all your info by
clicking the link.
13. Give them the FBI phone number as your own.

This is the best one:

14. Forward the scammer's mail to every government offical you can.
Tell them how since they don't care if it's in our mail box they won't
mind it being in thiers.

Mario
Pinthetic

I send them a link to that web page that plays the "You are an Idiot"
thing and the more you try to stop it, the worst it gets. Only
solution is to reboot your computer. I encourge them to click on the
link w/ a story about how "my organization would love to help, but
first I need you to visit my web page to make sure there's no conflict
of interest, so we don't loose our tax-free status, ..."

Of course, I do this from my 'other' e-mail account.

---
Steve Kulpa (cargpb10 - sigh)
Hermitage, TN
http://www.geocities.com/stevekulpa/rgpidx.htm

oh, and I forgot, in the signature of my e-mail I do indeed list the DC
FBI office.
can you imagine their facial expression when the call and the dude on
the phone says "FBI, may i help you?"

I lol every time I reply to one of those bastards.

---
Steve Kulpa (cargpb10 - sigh)
Hermitage, TN
http://www.geocities.com/stevekulpa/rgpidx.htm

I appreciate the ideas.
Once again I'm thankful that Mr. Pinball and other sites make us aware
of this stuff.
I think I'll use the FBI phone number for sure.

Have a Great Day

I appreciate the ideas.
Once again I'm thankful that Mr. Pinball and other sites make us aware
of this stuff.
I think I'll use the FBI phone number for sure.

Have a Great Day

I appreciate the ideas.
Once again I'm thankful that Mr. Pinball and other sites make us aware
of this stuff.
I think I'll use the FBI phone number for sure.

Have a Great Day

Ask for a photo of them holding up a sign with a "shipping code". Tell
them you need it to verify with the people who are picking it up. I
fairly recently received a great picture of a Nigerian with a wig on
holding a sign. Said something like:

05.12.05-I-M-D-GR8-KORNHOLIO-69WOO
I-NEID-T-P-4-MI-BUNGHOLE-91BALLY-PZ
12345-MAX-BADAZZ-RULZ-54321

By placing stupid random numbers before and after each line, you can
get them to spell out everything. Throw a date in or the name of the
pin as well. The checks and envelopes make nice artwork to hang on
your gameroom wall.

After a while, they are like trading cards ("Wow, a mint John Smith
$12000 LW3. I'll trade you for my Tom Brown $9600 Hollywood Heat!")

Also ask them to overnight FedEx the cashier check. Costs over $100 to
send. Brings a smile to my face every time. Also your FedEx driver
will get a laugh out of it as well.

Chris (in NH)

TRENDING THREADS