Scou

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
I just got a RAT 9 today and unfortunately its not working correctly. I'll call on Monday and RMA it if I have to, but I figured I'd see if I could fix it myself first. The issue is its not connecting the the wireless receiver. The computer sees the receiver fine, knows what it is and all. The receiver gets power fine, and the mouse turns on fine. Unfortunately this mouse is supposed to auto connect so there is no button to push.

There is one odd thing that makes this different then just a not working wireless though. Sometimes when I turn the mouse on, and lots of times when I hold certain buttons on the mouse (like the change profile button, which would try to communicate with the software on the computer) the connection light (which is red, goes green when good) flickers and the mouse will change its profile or its DPI setting or something. This isn't noticable on the computer at all, but certain lights change on the mouse. Then after a second it resets itself to its non-connection state.

Edit: Just figured out that if I spam click a button it will eventually go through, about once every 20 times or so. The connection light flickers some of those times, sometimes not (it never flickers when nothing is happening). If I am moving the mouse around thought that never seems to go through. Even if I'm moving it while a button click goes through the cursor doesn't move.

I'm not sure if there is anything I can do about it, but it feels like since its connecting at times there should be a way to get it to work. Any ideas?

SeBallistic

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
hello,
first i wanna say that i'm dutch so my englisch is pretty broken.
Hi , I also have the same problem with my R.A.T. 9,
how did you solved it?

plz respons

Scou

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
I ended up having to return it and get a new one. You can RMA through Cyborg if you want, I ended up returning it to Amazon (where I got it) and they shipped the new one right away. Doesn't appear to be any other way to fix it.

Falop

Honorable
May 30, 2012

I have had the same problem, but i just figured out how to fix it. Put ALL the weights on it then do it up and give that a go, hope this helps.

maltezc

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012

hey man, hopefully this thread is still open.

i got a rat 9 for xmas of last year, 2012. i have not used it in a while because i have been out of school but now i am trying to get back into it and i have now enounctered this problem. I have redownloaded the two optoins to no avail sadly. i have also tried taking off all of the weights and then putting them back on, but it still doesnt work. is there a particular order to do this? any other suggestions? i would hate to haveto get rid of it because i is such an expensive mouse. i was planning for tis mouse to be my last mouse i ever had to buy.

TRENDING THREADS