Recommend Decent Rechargable Batteries ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fujifilm Finepix A400 - The rechargable batteries that came with the camera really suck ! AA Pro S Power. They are in the charger more than the camera, and do not hold a charge for more than a few days. Even did the procedure to drain them before recharge. Anyone have a recommendation for replacement, from experience, hopefully ?

Solution
The AA battery for camera, are they Ni-MH? Camera flash drain the battery fast so Get the one with the highest mAh rating. I recommend the 2450mAh AA Energizer rechargeable. Also do not drain Ni-MH batteries, they behave like Li-ion battery, no memory effect but will reverse polarity and become useless if over drained.
The AA battery for camera, are they Ni-MH? Camera flash drain the battery fast so Get the one with the highest mAh rating. I recommend the 2450mAh AA Energizer rechargeable. Also do not drain Ni-MH batteries, they behave like Li-ion battery, no memory effect but will reverse polarity and become useless if over drained.

Solution

Yes, batteries are NiMH. And I only did the Drain once, because it was recommended iin the manual, but didn't seem to have any effect with respect to a better charge.

Other questions: Average Charge time for 2 batteries ? These are taking like 6 hours to complete a charge.

Will releasing the battery latch so it doesn't contact the batteries make a difference when camera is not in use ?

Ok, if you only drain it once and recharge as soon as the battery indicator showing the battery is flat, I am fairly confident that the battery is not drained to a point where it gets damaged.

The battery could take up to that long to recharge. Charge rate depends on the battery capacity and the output current of your charger. If you want faster complete recharge you could choose battery with smaller capacity (which is stupid to do) or get a rapid charger.

You can estimate the charge time by dividing the battery capacity to the charger's output and add times the time by 1.2 to account for inefficiency.

so if your battery is 2500mAh and your charger is 500mAh, you get 2500/500*1.2=6 hours

You don't need to fully drain Ni-MH battery before recharge because it does not have memory effect.

I don't think removing the battery from the camera makes much of a difference, the battery could be drained by the camera's clock but it will be very low usage. The batteries will naturally lose charges. But if you are putting the camera away for a long time, you probably want to remove the battery.

Thank you much, for your input. Will try the energizers you suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.