Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Monitor Won't Turn On

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 28, 2011 12:17:26 AM

Hey guys, recently a problem has come up for my LG Flatron W195TQ that is just too frustrating to handle anymore, as I had recently upgraded my motherboard, processor and ram and not being able to use it is a pain.

Basically my first issue with the monitor is that I am capable of plugging power into it and it starting, requesting a source, but when I plug the VGA cable to the monitor which is connected to my computer, the blue light goes black and no image is on the monitor. I try plugging the power cable into other sockets on my power bar, including directly into the wall, but it still doesn't start. My solution to this is to a wait a couple minutes and try again, but all that gets me is a one second start up and then BAM. Dead once again.

The weird thing about this is that after a while of frustration, I am eventually able to get it to turn on and function, but this all decides to stop whenever I restart my computer. Thus, the cycle of frustration continues. This problem had been occurring before I had upgraded my computer so that is not a factor, but now it is happening more frequently.

Any ideas? Willing to add additional information upon demand and anything would be great! Thanks ahead of time.

More about : monitor turn

a b C Monitor
August 28, 2011 6:31:52 PM

Do you have the capability of a DVI connection?
Score

Best solution

August 29, 2011 10:18:39 AM

Try another monitor and see if it does the same thing.
Related resources
a b C Monitor
January 28, 2012 9:34:16 PM

Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
Score
a b C Monitor
January 28, 2012 9:34:18 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!