TAF flipper buttons converted over to Opto type 1-anyone d..

Hi folks,

I have a TAF and TZ. The TAF flippers are a little sloppy, and the
flipper assemblies have been modified with different spring tensions
and odd looking coils over the years(some coil wrappers don't have the
williams logo) so I am about to replace all four flipper assemblies-the
whole shebang, as well as flippers(I want the yellow with red rubber as
they were orignally)

The TAF flipper buttons use the leaf switch type contacts for flipper
engagement, whereas my TZ uses what I think are called Opto type 1's.
These are much more straightforward than what's on TAF from an
alignment/adjustment perspective(seems to me anyway, but I am brand new
at this).

I was wondering how difficult it is to put Opto 1's on my TAF, and if
there are instructions anywhere for this?

>I was wondering how difficult it is to put Opto 1's on my
>TAF, and if there are instructions anywhere for this?

I'm not sure on TAF since they used a specific fliptronics board (first
gen).

Personally, I like the leaf switches. You don't need the two optos
since the fliptronics board only takes one in (changed later) and the
leafs will last longer and give you less problems.

I've had my share of opto problems on a couple of my games that would
not have cause me to pull my hair out if they were leafs.

Kirb