Unexpectedly Shut down for Window 7 ( 64 bit)

I have Dell Inspiron 1545 Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (T6600@ 2.20 GHz ). I have update the OS from W7 32 bit to 64 for for the same 3 GB RAM for high end computing purpose. I have updated all the drivers available to Dell official website through downloading.

Now, I am experiencing
1. More PSU Noise ( i.e. ) It runs all the time.
2. Slow browsing ( for Chrome as compared to earlier )
3. And most importantly, Unexpected Shut Down of system. i.e. Without any warning.

I will request you to suggest what can be done to basically stop the shutdown.

Also, I am planning to increase the RAM in the system, can anyone suggest How much RAM can be increased for my system.

Rgrds,
Ishant Jain
ishantmiet@gmail.com
5 answers Last reply
More about unexpectedly shut window
  1. Probably your processor is overheating, 3 gb ram is supported under 32 bit, go back to 32b. 4 gb ram is supported under 32 b. Do you need more?
  2. ktownmike said:
    Probably your processor is overheating, 3 gb ram is supported under 32 bit, go back to 32b. 4 gb ram is supported under 32 b. Do you need more?

I couldn't get you exactly.

I have to work with 64 bit ( anyhow). Could you please help me, How can I go forward.
  3. The most common problem to cause a symptom as you describe is cooling system. Blow out vents and fans, then do control alt delete task manager and see what is taxing the cpu. Speedfan is a good tool to watch for temperature problems. Max ram depends on your version of win, 8gb goes for all 7 64 bit. ie used to recommend using 32 bit version in 64 bit os, maybe chrome should follow the same path
  4. Kindly explain thelast line please

""ie used to recommend using 32 bit version in 64 bit os, maybe chrome should follow the same path""
  5. I do not use chrome, but if there is a 32 bit version try it. Internet explorer read on, though things may have changed. http://www.zdnet.com/blog/networking/installing-32-bit-ie-9-on-64-bit-windows/802
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Dell Inspiron Shutdown