Sign in with
Your question

Unexpectedly Shut down for Window 7 ( 64 bit)

Last response: in CPUs
December 9, 2012 5:57:15 AM

I have Dell Inspiron 1545 Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (T6600@ 2.20 GHz ). I have update the OS from W7 32 bit to 64 for for the same 3 GB RAM for high end computing purpose. I have updated all the drivers available to Dell official website through downloading.

Now, I am experiencing
1. More PSU Noise ( i.e. ) It runs all the time.
2. Slow browsing ( for Chrome as compared to earlier )
3. And most importantly, Unexpected Shut Down of system. i.e. Without any warning.

I will request you to suggest what can be done to basically stop the shutdown.

Also, I am planning to increase the RAM in the system, can anyone suggest How much RAM can be increased for my system.

Rgrds,
Ishant Jain
ishantmiet@gmail.com
December 9, 2012 6:02:58 AM

Probably your processor is overheating, 3 gb ram is supported under 32 bit, go back to 32b. 4 gb ram is supported under 32 b. Do you need more?
December 9, 2012 6:05:39 AM

ktownmike said:
Probably your processor is overheating, 3 gb ram is supported under 32 bit, go back to 32b. 4 gb ram is supported under 32 b. Do you need more?

I couldn't get you exactly.

I have to work with 64 bit ( anyhow). Could you please help me, How can I go forward.

Related resources
December 9, 2012 6:14:40 AM

The most common problem to cause a symptom as you describe is cooling system. Blow out vents and fans, then do control alt delete task manager and see what is taxing the cpu. Speedfan is a good tool to watch for temperature problems. Max ram depends on your version of win, 8gb goes for all 7 64 bit. ie used to recommend using 32 bit version in 64 bit os, maybe chrome should follow the same path
December 9, 2012 6:22:05 AM

Kindly explain thelast line please

""ie used to recommend using 32 bit version in 64 bit os, maybe chrome should follow the same path""
!