Asus P4G8X Deluxe (E7205) and P4 at 800 Mhz FSB

Ingenius

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2003
Hi there,

I currently own an Asus P4G8X Deluxe mobo with the intel e7205 chipset running at 533 mhz fsb. What is not clear to me is if i can use a P4 Prescott, P4 Extreme Edition or a P4 northwood running 800 mhz fsb! As i have seen in an article in the cpu section of the site, the guy there could use a P4 at 3.0c with 800 mhz fsb! Can i do this with Prescott or P4 Extreme Edition?

Waiting for a reply soon!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
doubtfull

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

endyen

Splendid
It might be fun to try, but you have 2 better options.
1- The IS7, by abit is only $93. at newegg, so any OC would actually net real gains.
2- The P4b 3.06 will run @ 3.06 without an OC at all on your board, and with an oc to 160 fsb will give better performance than any P4c, P4e, on that board, and fairly close to what an EE would do.

xeenrecoil

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
Ingenious;

The answer to your question is, hell would freeze over first.
I tried putting a P4C on my P4G8X-D and it told me to go to hell, and damaged my chipset, and was never stable again. The motherboard doesnt even support the voltage of the prescott let alone the FSB frequency required.
So if you feel like killing a great motherboard then sure go for it haha.
Your best bet is to slap a p4b 3Ghz on it, which btw benches neck and neck with the p4c variant.

TRENDING THREADS