Which type of wiring should I use?

I plan on going from an Ipod, to an equalizer (with only RCA inputs/outputs), to an amp ( Cerwin Vega CV1800) (only XLR and TRS inputs), to the speakers (Cerwin Vega XL-15's. a pair of them). I was trying to make sure i get the proper wiring for optimum results. I was assuming a headphone jack to dual RCA cable to go from the Ipod to the equalizer. and then i wasnt sure from the EQ to the amp. should i go RCA to unbalanced 1/4 jacks? or RCA to the XLR inputs? Im not really worried about "balancing" anything, as my runs will be under 3 ft. I just want to be able to play music from my ipod through a powerful amp and speakers. I appreciate any help in advance
1 answer Last reply
More about which type wiring
  1. You have it right. Go RCA to unbalanced 1/4, just make sure any two wires that you have running from one component to the next is the exact same length due to phase issues.
Ask a new question

Read More

High-End Audio iPod RCA Audio