Audigy 2 Midi Port?

I own a Dell Dimension 8300 with an Audigy 2 Card. After checking things
I found out that the connectors are not golden as the ones shown at the
Creative Labs Website, and that I don't have a Midi-Port.

My main concern is, how can I get such a Midi-Port, because I'm going
to buy a keyboard and I want to connect it to the PC. It seems I can't
buy it from Creative... and also not from Dell. Anyone?

Here are the specs for the card you purchased: All pertinent info is posted
on Dells website. Dell installs OEM versions which may differ from the
retail version. That's why it is important to do your homework prior to
purchase.

http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/acc/r50263/en/specs.htm

"WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> schrieb:

> Here are the specs for the card you purchased: All pertinent info is
> posted
> on Dells website. Dell installs OEM versions which may differ from the
> retail version. That's why it is important to do your homework prior to
> purchase.
>
> http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/acc/r50263/en/specs.htm

That is exactly what I've ordered! That much to your 'do your homework'!
*sic*

"Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy2 inkl. IEEE1394 Anschluss (OEM Version)"

Based on what I've found out till now, there is NO information about:

- NO Midi Port
- NO way to install any Midi Port on the card
- NO way to install the optional creative bay box
- NO SPDIF pass-through from PowerDVD
- NO EAX 4.0

- NO ... fill the list...

There is no mention of a midi port in the "Audio Outputs" section. That
should have been the first clue.......
No EAX 4.0 listed. That should have been the second clue.............
etc, etc, etc.

> "WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> schrieb:
>
> > Here are the specs for the card you purchased: All pertinent info is
> > posted on Dell's website. Dell installs OEM versions which may differ
from the
> > retail version. That's why it is important to do your homework prior to
> > purchase.
> >
> > http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/acc/r50263/en/specs.htm
>
> That is exactly what I've ordered! That much to your 'do your homework'!
> *sic*
>
> "Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy2 inkl. IEEE1394 Anschluss (OEM
Version)"

> Based on what I've found out till now, there is NO information about:
>
> - NO Midi Port
> - NO way to install any Midi Port on the card
> - NO way to install the optional creative bay box
> - NO SPDIF pass-through from PowerDVD
> - NO EAX 4.0
>
> - NO ... fill the list...

"WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> schrieb:

> There is no mention of a midi port in the "Audio Outputs" section. That
> should have been the first clue.......
> No EAX 4.0 listed. That should have been the second clue.............
> etc, etc, etc.

Ok, if you don't want to understand it's not my job to change this.
Anyone else?

There are several different Audigy 2 models made by Creative Labs. Dell
uses model # SB0243. It is manufactured by Creative Labs. You are
comparing apples to oranges.

Next time do your homework before making a purchase and you won't have to
spend your time blaming everyone but yourself for your mistake.

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:18:22 GMT, "WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

>There is no mention of a midi port in the "Audio Outputs" section. That
>should have been the first clue.......

Since it's not an audio output, what's the point?

>No EAX 4.0 listed. That should have been the second clue.............
>etc, etc, etc.

And that's related to a midi slave by how?
--
Standard Disclaimer:
My Employer gives my internet access, but I don't speak for them...

Clay Cahill 2004

"I feel like Spalding Gray in a Rick Dees world" -Homer J. Simpson

"WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> schrieb:

> There are several different Audigy 2 models made by Creative Labs. Dell
> uses model # SB0243.

Which is a plain lie. The one I have in my Dell has a different number.
Please, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't say anything
at all (or write, to be correct).

> It is manufactured by Creative Labs. You are comparing apples to
> oranges.

No, I'm comparing Dells "Creative Labs Audigy2" with a Creative Labs
Audigy 2 - just in case you still haven't figured that out.

> Next time do your homework before making a purchase and you won't have to > spend your time blaming everyone but yourself for
your mistake.

Seems you're an Dells payroll. So I'm not going again through the process
to tell you what I'm actually talking about. It shows it's a waste of time.

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:15:41 +1000, "Martin Seibert"
<realsyntech@gmx.at> wrote:

>"WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> schrieb:
>
>> Here are the specs for the card you purchased: All pertinent info is
>> posted
>> on Dells website. Dell installs OEM versions which may differ from the
>> retail version. That's why it is important to do your homework prior to
>> purchase.
>>
>> http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/acc/r50263/en/specs.htm
>
>That is exactly what I've ordered! That much to your 'do your homework'!
>*sic*
>
>"Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy2 inkl. IEEE1394 Anschluss (OEM Version)"
>
>Based on what I've found out till now, there is NO information about:
>
>- NO Midi Port
>- NO way to install any Midi Port on the card
>- NO way to install the optional creative bay box
>- NO SPDIF pass-through from PowerDVD
>- NO EAX 4.0
>
>- NO ... fill the list...

Hi Martin,

In the "Soundkarte" area of the German Dell system configurator you
can read the following sentence:

"Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy2, 5.1 Channels, inkl. IEEE1394
Anschluss (OEM Version, kein Midi-Anschluss, kein Game-Anschluss)".

If you click on the "Weitere Informationen" questionmark, a window
with detailed specs appears. A small excerpt:

THX-zertifiziert:
Nein

EAX-Unterstützung:
Nein

Vollständige Unterstützung von Windows® Media 9 24 Bit/96 kHz
5.1-Inhalten:
Nein

DVD-Audio-Unterstützung:
n. z.

Joystick-/Midi-Unterstützung:
Nein

Tom

"Tom S." <toms@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:15:41 +1000, "Martin Seibert"
> <realsyntech@gmx.at> wrote:
>
> >"WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> schrieb:
> >
> >> Here are the specs for the card you purchased: All pertinent info is
> >> posted
> >> on Dells website. Dell installs OEM versions which may differ from the
> >> retail version. That's why it is important to do your homework prior
> >> purchase.
> >>
> >> http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/acc/r50263/en/specs.htm
> >
> >That is exactly what I've ordered! That much to your 'do your homework'!
> >*sic*
> >
> >"Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy2 inkl. IEEE1394 Anschluss (OEM
Version)"

> >Based on what I've found out till now, there is NO information about:
> >
> >- NO Midi Port
> >- NO way to install any Midi Port on the card
> >- NO way to install the optional creative bay box
> >- NO SPDIF pass-through from PowerDVD
> >- NO EAX 4.0
> >
> >- NO ... fill the list...
> >

> Hi Martin,
>
> In the "Soundkarte" area of the German Dell system configurator you
> can read the following sentence:
>
> "Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy2, 5.1 Channels, inkl. IEEE1394
> Anschluss (OEM Version, kein Midi-Anschluss, kein Game-Anschluss)".
>
> If you click on the "Weitere Informationen" questionmark, a window
> with detailed specs appears. A small excerpt:
>

> THX-zertifiziert:
> Nein
>
> EAX-Unterstützung:
> Nein
>
> Vollständige Unterstützung von Windows® Media 9 24 Bit/96 kHz
> 5.1-Inhalten:
> Nein
>
> DVD-Audio-Unterstützung:
> n. z.
>
> Joystick-/Midi-Unterstützung:
> Nein

Ohh, sure and next you'll be suggesting people should read the manual too
:0)

Hi Martin,
I had also ordered the Audigy 2 for the 8300 that I kept for less than
a week.
I also do midi recording and would have expected the audigy to have a
midi
port. Again, for the short time I had it, I wouldn't have thought to
check whether or not it had a midi port. I would have expected it.

When you pay the extra for the Audigy 2 upgrade, especially when you
pay more through Dell that what I could have payed for it at Best Buy
(as I later discovered), I would expect it to have the same features.
For those who say "do your homework first", how are you suppossed to
know ALL the questions to ask. We're talking about a midi port that
comes standard on all
audigys that I've seen at the retail stores.
Get your money back and go buy the same sound card that has a
midi-port at a store for less.