priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
He got a 3dmark score of 18000+

<A HREF="http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42655&page=1&pp=25" target="_new">http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42655&page=1&pp=25</A>

<i> :tongue: <font color=blue>I don't suffer from insanity.</font color=blue><font color=red> I enjoy every minute of it.</font color=red> :tongue: </i>
<b>He who laughs last thinks slowest!</b>

DonnieDarko

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2004
seems like bs too me. Most can barely get a prescot to 5ghz with some extreme cooling.

Watch out for the <b><font color=red>bloody</font color=red></b> Fanboys!

AMD64 2800+ :: MSI Neo-Fis2r :: 1024mb Kingmax ddr400 :: Sapphire 9800pro 128mb :: 10K WD Raptor

Addicted, finally.

RichPLS

Champion
They were using extreme cooling, and it wasn't stable.
Its just that they did it.
Awesome.

========================
Try everything...
Do not be afraid of failure, for this is how we learn and grow...
Live life to the fullest...
Do not regret what you have not yet done!!!

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
My god, Thermoelectric cooling and cold water cooling, both together. This guy is definitely crazy.

BTW, that looks more like a liquid nitrogen cooling system than a water-based one... strange.

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18693" target="_new">heres more</A>

Worthy of mention at the Inq

<i> :tongue: <font color=blue>I don't suffer from insanity.</font color=blue><font color=red> I enjoy every minute of it.</font color=red> :tongue: </i>

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
LN2 for the processor...chilled water+TEC on the NB. Very good RAMSINKS on the RAM.

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
with 3dmark 05, he ll comedown to 5000 :tongue:

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
That does look to be full of it. I also used liquid nitrogen cooling on the CPU and best that could be done is 5.3ghz and even then it was not fully stable. That did include volt-modding the hell out of the mobo.

On ther otherhand I was using a 3.2ghz chip and the pics looks to show a 3.6ghz chip, may be able to do it. However the voltages used in those pics are pure BS!

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
well, he did go 1 step ahead of ya, by posting pics on websites and gettin his name in the press. how abt u doing that too !
As he said, it wasnt a stable OC. Its just breaking the limits.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
LOL, calling Macci's voltages BS....

Thats like trying to tell us the pope is jewish. Macci is king of overclocking.

I pulled 5.2Ghz without LN2 on a 3.2e, you must have been doing something wrong.

Yes, I have a screenshot of it.

<A HREF="http://fugger.netfirms.com/52ghz.jpg" target="_new">Cascade cooled @ 5.2Ghz</A> screen shot stable, was going for max oc.

<A HREF="http://www.xtremesystems.org" target="_new">www.xtremesystems.org</A>

trooper11

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2004
as much as i respect and appluad the work on overclocking, this isnt some huge news story. its cool and all that for a few seconds he was able to boot at that rate, but it doesnt really mean much for anyone except those in his posiiton to properly mod and cool it.

but it is a challenge, and he has been a legend in the field for quite some time, good for him.

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
dude, now that i have read, that guy is world famous. I bet ati is paying him under the table.

If anybody hasnt seen, his X800Xt setup beat 2, yes 2 geforce 6800ultras in sli (8250 vs 7229 in 3dmark)
see graphics forum

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Dude I dont care about fame, just unrefutable proof. Read the reset of my post the next time you start a rant.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
That isnt hard to do since ATI technology is superior to Nvidia and can take a hell of a lot more of a beating.

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
By design or by engineering?

Xeon

<font color=red>Post created with being a dickhead in mind.</font color=red>
<font color=white>For all emotional and slanderous statements contact THG for all law suits.</font color=white>

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
Thats why ATI didnt feel the need for PS Model 3?

Xeon

<font color=white>For all emotional and slanderous statements contact THG for all law suits.</font color=white>

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Well yeah and mostly marketing involved. They only want to bring out new techs if they "have" to.

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
Oh so cause they are better at everything they dont need to support new technologies??? Ok got cha now.

Xeon