Sign in with
Your question

Is the Cyborg R.A.T. 5 the best mouse for under $50?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 30, 2011 3:24:12 AM

I was gonna go for a cheaper mouse, but I'm thinking of upping to the Cyborg R.A.T. 5, which I find very very attractive. I'm not really HUGE gamer, but I do game a lot. And I'm really hard on mice, I broke a nearly new HP mouse with one infuriating slam to the desk. So the metal bottom of the Cyborg I like a lot. So the main thing I'm looking for is durability, I want it to last a LONG time. And also, I've been use to wireless mice, wired ones bug me just a little bit, but I think I'll get used to it since I wont have to worry about batteries anymore.

But anyway tl;dr: Is the Cyborg R.A.T. 5 one of the, if not the best mouse for regular and gaming use for $50 in terms of durability, feel and ... durability? Is there anything I should be aware of before making my purchase?

Thanks.

More about : cyborg mouse

August 30, 2011 1:38:37 PM

if you want durability... then dont buy a R.A.T., mice such as this with all of their "adjustments" often break for people who arent even hard on mice let alone one such as yourself.

if you want the best advice...stop slamming your electronics on the desk as this has a good chance of breaking even more ruggedly built products.

if you want another few options...perhaps buy a trackball as you will not have the device in your hand so are less inclined to slam it. you could also buy cheaper $5-10 mice and just replace them as you break them.

in terms of good mice for under $50 i've always preferred my razer deathadder but i've heard good things about the logitech G series.
m
l
February 17, 2013 7:17:52 AM

ssddx said:
if you want durability... then dont buy a R.A.T., mice such as this with all of their "adjustments" often break for people who arent even hard on mice let alone one such as yourself.

if you want the best advice...stop slamming your electronics on the desk as this has a good chance of breaking even more ruggedly built products.

if you want another few options...perhaps buy a trackball as you will not have the device in your hand so are less inclined to slam it. you could also buy cheaper $5-10 mice and just replace them as you break them.

in terms of good mice for under $50 i've always preferred my razer deathadder but i've heard good things about the logitech G series.

i dont think you are that right, because i have the rat 5 and it works REALLY REALLY well. and if you want durability, this is also a great mouse. it has metal in it which are gonna make it hard to break. and i first saw the rat 3, and if you compare it to the other rat's, there is a HUGE difference between the rat 3 and rat 5. the rat 5 has more buttons, and costs just 10$ more! and dont go to the rat 7, because you just get the things that you dont really need, for 30$ more!!! so the rat 5 has all the useful things, for a pretty low price! and trust me, the rat 5 IS the best.
m
l
!