Cab Protectors - New Type

I noticed TCs AFM on ebay has cabinet protectors that do not overlap
the leg like the traditional ones do. I really like the idea of not
covering any of the cabinet beyond the leg itself and am considering
converting my collection over to these. Has anyone had experience with
them? Here's the details at BAA:

http://bayareaamusements.com/pin-cushin.html

I think the felt protectors will protect fairly well, but they won't
cover cabinet leg wrinkles or damage like the bigger ones. There's a
place for both.

Very good point. I'd say for freshly decaled cabinets, they are the
way to go. But for cabinets that have some issues in that area, the
larger plastics one's are a better option.

I have them on my HUO Cactus Canyon and they look and work great -- no
complaints.

Randy

"cpiel" <cpiel@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I noticed TCs AFM on ebay has cabinet protectors that do not overlap
> the leg like the traditional ones do. I really like the idea of not
> covering any of the cabinet beyond the leg itself and am considering
> converting my collection over to these. Has anyone had experience with
> them? Here's the details at BAA:
>
> http://bayareaamusements.com/pin-cushin.html

i think they had some at expo last year for $3.95 a set.
i bought a set to try and wish i bought more.
Dan

"cpiel" <cpiel@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I noticed TCs AFM on ebay has cabinet protectors that do not overlap
> the leg like the traditional ones do. I really like the idea of not
> covering any of the cabinet beyond the leg itself and am considering
> converting my collection over to these. Has anyone had experience with
> them? Here's the details at BAA:
>
> http://bayareaamusements.com/pin-cushin.html

Not really new. I think Evan made these before the hard plastic ones
came out. They are nice and do have a place. The only niggling complaint
I've heard is the softness allows the legs to move a tiny bit. Seem fine
on my games though :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

I have no complaints and havent experienced the legs moving on my pins :) I
give the product a A+ -Mike
"Cliffy" <crinear@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Not really new. I think Evan made these before the hard plastic ones
> came out. They are nice and do have a place. The only niggling complaint
> I've heard is the softness allows the legs to move a tiny bit. Seem fine
> on my games though :)
>
> cpiel wrote:
> > I noticed TCs AFM on ebay has cabinet protectors that do not overlap
> > the leg like the traditional ones do. I really like the idea of not
> > covering any of the cabinet beyond the leg itself and am considering
> > converting my collection over to these. Has anyone had experience with
> > them? Here's the details at BAA:
> >
> > http://bayareaamusements.com/pin-cushin.html
> >

> --
> Cliffy - CARGPB2
> A passion for pinball!
> http://www.passionforpinball.com

BTW that paypal address is not valid FYI as they never knew I had sent mine.
"cpiel" <cpiel@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I noticed TCs AFM on ebay has cabinet protectors that do not overlap
> the leg like the traditional ones do. I really like the idea of not
> covering any of the cabinet beyond the leg itself and am considering
> converting my collection over to these. Has anyone had experience with
> them? Here's the details at BAA:
>
> http://bayareaamusements.com/pin-cushin.html

There was a post about this awhile ago, and someone mentioned using
foam available from a craft shop. So I went to a Michael's and bought
10 sheets of this foam (they were on sale 1/2 price at the time) Each
sheet yields 5 leg protectors. They seem to work great, however with
the legs tightened down, there is more play when you nudge the cabinet.
This can be seen as a good or bad thing depending on the player. The
really good part is, 4 leg protectors cost under a buck :)

The protectors that cover damage are great also especially if you have
one of the games with the peeling decals.

Paul

Splendid

This is gonna sound really tight, but i dont suppose you could e-mail me
a copy of the template that you used could you?

There's plenty of materials that could be used that i have here... :)

Might have to give it a test trial :)

Paul