USB wheel recognized as Generic USB Hub

Hello.

Well, I just found my old PC Wheel (Speedlink 2in1 Force Vibration Wheel) and I wanted to try it out. I remember, that it was working on my gaming pc, when it had XP on it. Now it has Windows 7 and it recognises it as a Generic USB Hub, not as a game controller. I tried to reinstall drivers, even the whole pc. But without any results.
The wheel is working, I tested it on my laptop, which has Windows 7 too, but also it has USB 3.0. Maybe that is the reason, why it isnt working on my gaming pc? Its not working even on my friends pc. Please help. I dont want to buy a new one now. :(
9 answers Last reply
More about wheel recognized generic
  1. Check u r usb ports are working correctly .try in back pannel ports.
  2. I do not know if this is the same Wheel as the one you have it is all I could find. It looks like they may have drivers up to Vista for x32 and x64 so you may get them to work on Windows 7 I do not know. But from the Description: Drivers only for Wheels with Version A. So if yours is not version A they most likely will not work at all with Windows 7. Anyway here is the site http://www.speedlink.com/?p=2&cat=314&pid=17503&paus=1. Hope that helps.
  3. bryonhowley said:
    I do not know if this is the same Wheel as the one you have it is all I could find. It looks like they may have drivers up to Vista for x32 and x64 so you may get them to work on Windows 7 I do not know. But from the Description: Drivers only for Wheels with Version A. So if yours is not version A they most likely will not work at all with Windows 7. Anyway here is the site http://www.speedlink.com/?p=2&cat=314&pid=17503&paus=1. Hope that helps.

    But then why does it work with my laptop? It has Windows 7 64bit too. Im kinda cofused with this
  4. formate full hdd .then clean install windows. dont install any softwares. because virus are corrupt drivers. put that thing then update windows. automatically recagnise device and update to latest driver. because win xp drivers are not correctly working in win 7. or download latest drivers from manufacturer for win 7.
  5. hytecgowthaman said:
    formate full hdd .then clean install windows. dont install any softwares. because virus are corrupt drivers. put that thing then update windows. automatically recagnise device and update to latest driver. because win xp drivers are not correctly working in win 7. or download latest drivers from manufacturer for win 7.

    I did that like 2 times. No results
  6. Anyone? :?
  7. u r try in back panel.change the psu with new one and try .load default settings in bios and try. change cmos battery with new one then try.
  8. goto devicedoctor.com download Device doctor v.2.0 install and update drivers via that software.
  9. hytecgowthaman said:
    goto devicedoctor.com download Device doctor v.2.0 install and update drivers via that software.

    Still no results :/
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 USB