I have a cannon MP258 ,its black ink is running very low,now should i refill it

rambleach

Distinguished
May 28, 2011
i have a cannon mp258,and its black ink is running very low,should i refill or should i buy a new cartridge?
its new ,and i print photos too,so quality and budget both are my concerns

Solution
There are some model of printer doesn't work with refill (some mechanism which stop the printer from recognizing refilled ink as full and you must buy new ink). Luckily, mine is not like that an I am unaware of difference in quality in the print. Although I have to say I usually just print documents. Some people also found that older cartridge have dried ink lump which block the print nozzle. I think it is the best to fill it up, see if it works. If it doesn't then go but new ones (you only waste some money). If it works, refill it for several times (say 3-5) and replace the cartridge and restart the refill cycle to avoid blockage.
There are some model of printer doesn't work with refill (some mechanism which stop the printer from recognizing refilled ink as full and you must buy new ink). Luckily, mine is not like that an I am unaware of difference in quality in the print. Although I have to say I usually just print documents. Some people also found that older cartridge have dried ink lump which block the print nozzle. I think it is the best to fill it up, see if it works. If it doesn't then go but new ones (you only waste some money). If it works, refill it for several times (say 3-5) and replace the cartridge and restart the refill cycle to avoid blockage.

Solution

genkbjorq

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011

don't worry if the printer doesn't yet show the ink is running out code so i suggest use that until the ink is running out code show, and if that code show you just have to push and hold stop/reset button until that code run away... ;)

rambleach

Distinguished
May 28, 2011