Planar PX2611W display problem

homarid

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Hi I am having a problem with my monitor that I only noticed recently while playing a game. I am consistently able to reproduce this. I have never seen this before on another monitor but I would descibe it as it looks like "bleeding" almost like some sort of liquid is coming out of the edge of the monitor and making it darker than it should be.

I took some pictures with my phone to show what I mean. I am sorry for the quality. The problem only seems to appear for certain colors, it is nonexistent in red, blue, green, or white, but shows very clearly on yellow or grey. http://homarid.imgur.com/display_testing

Some relevant information.
The monitor is a Planar PX2611W
I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
The GPU is a GeForce GTX 280 driver 280.26

During this write up it occurred to me that my speaker hugging it could be a problem(I thought these were shielded nowadays). I tried to search for this problem, but "bleeding" seems to refer to a lighting problem. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to reverse this or stop this from getting worse.

PlanarSystemsInc

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011

Please contact us by calling 1-866-752-6271 options 1 and 1, or by email support@planar.com. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

That's an issue with the monitor and you can't fix it without replacing the screen. We have a bunch of LG monitors that this happened to, almost brand new monitors also. This is not the light bleeding you probably found, that is called "Backlight" bleeding and happens when the backlight lamp is seen as a bright area coming out from the edges of the screen, usually happens with lower-end monitors. What you have in an LCD pannel issue.