Sign in with
Your question

Monitor : no built in speakers

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 31, 2011 7:28:36 AM

If my monitor (dell) has no speakers , which ones are my options ?

Ok external system but where could i connect it ? Motherboard , sound card .. ?

More about : monitor built speakers

August 31, 2011 7:31:38 AM

it will be u2410 or u2711. I can give about 400 - 430 dollars for speakers.What would be the best option ?
a c 109 C Monitor
August 31, 2011 12:53:37 PM

what i think you mean is:

i am buying a computer monitor without speakers but i want sound to come from the computer. what options do i have?

--

first you need to figure out what you will be using the speakers for. if you plan on using them for basic windows sounds, youtube or similar activities then you might be able to get away with a cheap $50 soundsystem and be happy. if you want something a bit more serious then i know logitech makes a few nice 5.1 surround sound systems. if you want to get even more serious then you're looking at a receiver and home theatre speakers.

if your computer motherboard has a built in soundcard (does it have speaker 3.5mm plugs on the back?) then youc an connect directly up to it with computer speakers. if you do not then you will need to buy a sound card and plug into that. in case you already have a sound card, use it instead of any motherboard connections.

home theatre speakers and receivers connect up to computers differently. usually this is via hdmi or spdif. however, i doubt this is the solution you want or need as even entry level products in this area might exceed your budget.
August 31, 2011 1:16:36 PM

oh ok i might connect them then with my sound card or motherboard.
!