Monster Bash ... To Bash or Not to Bash, That is the Quest..

Ron

a local operator has a reasonably good (but filty) mb that he wants
$3500 (this IS california). with all the rumblings of wayne working
with universal to repo this pin ... would you buy a good condition pin
that has great potential to restore now - or wait for a brand new one
from wayne? i'm in no hurry ...

the other question is ... what are the machine specific problems i
should look for on a mb? two things i looked for so far was ...

1. monster pit has a little wear on the front edge, but has already
been filled in ... and could easily be covered with a cliffy protector.

2. the drac trac is generally clean, with just a small spot of wear.

anything else?

thanx!

\r

The way I see it, Ron, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I
truly don't see anyone, including Wayne, reproducing any pinballs. I
won't get into the whys, I just don't.

MB's are getting harder and harder to find, along with others. If the
mush pit and Drac trac are as you describe, I'd buy it. And I don't
feel the price is all bad. :)

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

ron wrote:
> a local operator has a reasonably good (but filty) mb that he wants
> $3500 (this IS california). with all the rumblings of wayne working
> with universal to repo this pin ... would you buy a good condition pin
> that has great potential to restore now - or wait for a brand new one
> from wayne? i'm in no hurry ...
>
> the other question is ... what are the machine specific problems i
> should look for on a mb? two things i looked for so far was ...
>
> 1. monster pit has a little wear on the front edge, but has already
> been filled in ... and could easily be covered with a cliffy protector.
>
> 2. the drac trac is generally clean, with just a small spot of wear.
>
> anything else?
>
> thanx!
>
> \r

martin

Jeff at Classic Arcades has wear decals for the pit and the track.

If the wrinkling around the legs is not obvious, you have a really good
one.

Check that the toys are all present - Frankenstein; the monster;
Dracula (although he's available); bride; Igor; mummy; Creature

Make sure that all the Frankenstein table parts and the Darcula motor
are all in place. Repairable, but unavailable otherwise.

Check the plastics, particularly the one in the top right of the pop
bumpers. It might be missing, and a new set is $180.

Ron,

just curious, but is this pin in Nor Cal? There was one up here at a
local arcade, along with a MM. Both are gone now.

Brian

Ron

great feedback guys ... i bought my tz out of a very dark, poorly lit
living room. this was my first pin, so guess what ... a black pin
looks gorgous in a black room. this time i want to see the monsters in
the light of day!

plan to take pics, and an inventory as martin suggests. VERY
appreciative of the technical support and price reality checks. thanx
much.

\r

ps - yes i live in norcal. if anyone wants to play a newly restored,
tricked out tz, drop me an email!

Ron

great feedback guys ... i bought my tz out of a very dark, poorly lit
living room. this was my first pin, so guess what ... a black pin
looks gorgous in a black room. this time i want to see the monsters in
the light of day!

plan to take pics, and an inventory as martin suggests. VERY
appreciative of the technical support and price reality checks. thanx
much.

\r

ps - yes i live in norcal. if anyone wants to play a newly restored,
tricked out tz, drop me an email!

It's here in the bay area, Brian. Now, I gave you a clue so clue me in
on that Shadow :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

Parts business is more lucrative.

Otto

CARGPB11

"Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> wrote in message
> The way I see it, Ron, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I
> truly don't see anyone, including Wayne, reproducing any pinballs. I
> won't get into the whys, I just don't.

10. Cliffy Aug 30, 7:33 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
From: Cliffy <crin...@comcast.net> - Find messages by this author
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:33:56 -0700
Subject: Re: Monster Bash ... To Bash or Not to Bash, That is the
Question
original | Report Abuse

It's here in the bay area, Brian. Now, I gave you a clue so clue me in
on that Shadow :)

Fair enough! (The Scandia up in Roseville had a MM. Gone. Then they
had a *nice* MB. Gone.) The shadow is up in the mountains :)
(I wanted to pick it up this weekend. No go. I gotta help my g/f
move)

Brian

boy that narrows it down :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!
http://www.passionforpinball.com

> from wayne? i'm in no hurry ...

I wouldn't think Wayne would be either.

--Eric

More like...a bird in the hand is worth eight in the outback.

GRY

"Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> wrote in message
> The way I see it, Ron, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I
> truly don't see anyone, including Wayne, reproducing any pinballs. I
> won't get into the whys, I just don't.
>
> MB's are getting harder and harder to find, along with others. If the
> mush pit and Drac trac are as you describe, I'd buy it. And I don't
> feel the price is all bad. :)
>

> Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins
>
> "Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
> shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
> city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"
>
> (Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)
>

> ron wrote:
>> a local operator has a reasonably good (but filty) mb that he wants
>> $3500 (this IS california). with all the rumblings of wayne working
>> with universal to repo this pin ... would you buy a good condition pin
>> that has great potential to restore now - or wait for a brand new one
>> from wayne? i'm in no hurry ...
>>
>> the other question is ... what are the machine specific problems i
>> should look for on a mb? two things i looked for so far was ...
>>
>> 1. monster pit has a little wear on the front edge, but has already
>> been filled in ... and could easily be covered with a cliffy protector.
>>
>> 2. the drac trac is generally clean, with just a small spot of wear.
>>
>> anything else?
>>
>> thanx!
>>
>> \r

I recently acquried an MB off of Ebay for a little more than $3500, and
yours sounds at least as good. Take the suggestions alreday mentioned
and if everything checks out I'd jump on it! It's a very entertaining
pin, and probably has more appeal to the average person than most
games. I think you will find it will be the most played game by
guests, it's just very easy to get into.

xlr8

Ron,

The cabinet decals often wrinkled on these games and peeled. I have never
replaced them, but I hear they are a serious PITA to re-do. I bought my MB
about a year ago. No wear whatsoever, and no wrinkles. Mine is a HUO
game - I paid dearly for it, but it is a great game. You will love it!!!
Go for it!!!

Have a good day,

Jim

"ron" <golferron54@gmail.com> wrote in message
>a local operator has a reasonably good (but filty) mb that he wants
> $3500 (this IS california). with all the rumblings of wayne working
> with universal to repo this pin ... would you buy a good condition pin
> that has great potential to restore now - or wait for a brand new one
> from wayne? i'm in no hurry ...
>
> the other question is ... what are the machine specific problems i
> should look for on a mb? two things i looked for so far was ...
>
> 1. monster pit has a little wear on the front edge, but has already
> been filled in ... and could easily be covered with a cliffy protector.
>
> 2. the drac trac is generally clean, with just a small spot of wear.
>
> anything else?
>
> thanx!
>
> \r

That's a good price for a nice MB these days even if it needs some work.
Great game, I say jump on it :).

Brandon