Your longest distance for wireless keybd & mouse?

Evolution2001

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
After doing some searching in the forums here and not quite finding the answer(s), I've decided to put up the question.

What is the longest distance you personally (or one person removed) have observed for a wireless keyboard & mouse?
Difficulty Level: It has to be a solid connection. No dropped or doubled-up characters, no flaky mouse movements.

What was the make & model?

Reason: I've built a home theater in my basement with a 130" wall projection :sol: . My game/media server is behind a wall for noise isolation and to reduce room clutter. The screen size being what it is, I sit in the middle of the room and the computer is approx 10' behind me. I need to be able to play games, such as FPS without erratic mouse or keyboard control. I currently have a Logitech EX100 keyboard/mouse setup and it's only good for about 3-4', and that's with direct line-of-sight to the receiver, so behind the wall is obviously out of the question.

psyxix

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Lol.... it depends with walls about 7-8", without ... about the same as Phil 10". I can't remember the exact name of my keyboard set but it was a microsoft I bought a few years ago. The wireless are better these days so expect 10-12 feet now. :p

Ive gotten a good 50+ feet from the kb that came in the mx1000 set. Mice are usually more limited.most top out at 3-4 feet. Some go 8-10. i never tested the mx mouse on distance.

What you might want to look into are media center pc keyboards and mice. If i remember right they can broadcast farther.