karamazov

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2004
Been here a few months now, and I still have no idea where to put some stuff.
Anyhow, my computer just randomly locks up. No error message, no mouse movement, no ALT Control Delete, nothing. I'm force to do just a dead restart. I've got 735 mb of hard drive space left deicated to just windows XP, so it shouldnt be much of a problem. I've got 512 mb of ram, AMD Athlon 2500 Mobile, and 2 2.5 gb harddrives (Yeah I know.) I'm also not looking for someone to tell me to get a new hard drive either.

As I sit up in my bed looking at all the stars, I begin to wonder... WHERE THE HECK IS MY ROOF!?

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm also not looking for someone to tell me to get a new hard drive either.
There is your problem. XP new installation can take up to 2GB and over time it will accumulate further (esp. if you have System Restore running). My XP, right now after 3 months being installed, is about 5GB, and I already limited System Restore setting to 3% of my HD's capacity (800MB) as well as compressed a lot of files (~1GB) to save my disk space.
So get a new HD or you'd continue to see problems.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

RichPLS

Champion
yeah, but seriously...new harddrive

========================
Try everything...
Do not be afraid of failure, for this is how we learn and grow...
Live life to the fullest...
Do not regret what you have not yet done!!!

lmao, I love the quotes

And the funny thing is, as khha4113 stated, it probably IS your harddrive!