Remind me to NEVER ship a Shuffle Bowler Again!

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

That looks like fun.
I would have told the buyer I would only go navl and I do not crate games
anymore.
I stopped crating long ago, I end up building them for free anyways. To much
hassle for me anymore.
unless you have the extra time and enjoy doing that kind of thing, when
that's different.

Troy,

"Classic Arcades Inc." <mcafee@epix.net> wrote in message
> I think the crate is going to weigh as much as the machine ;-)
>

> http://www.classic-arcades.com/images/Shuffle_Bowler_Crate_02.jpg
>

> I can't wait to help load this on the tractor trailer
>

> Jeff
> ClassicARcades Inc.

Been there, done that! Took two huge pallets and a LOT of plywood and
screws! But it made the trip from Cal to WV in great shape... I think :)
Mark? :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

Come on Jeff,

You should be good at this by now.

You shipped my williams alley cats in april or may.

And I think you shipped a tripple strike about the same time.

I will tell you one thing. I took two hours to 'unpack' the alley cats I
got from you.

Regards
Bob Presutti

"Classic Arcades Inc." <mcafee@epix.net> wrote in message
>I think the crate is going to weigh as much as the machine ;-)
>

> http://www.classic-arcades.com/images/Shuffle_Bowler_Crate_02.jpg
>

> I can't wait to help load this on the tractor trailer
>

> Jeff
> ClassicARcades Inc.

I would have too agree. NAVL delivered the Alley Cats too me in a crate and
it really took 3 men too get it off the truck. The driver, Myself, and a
neighbor (along with a forktruck)

When I sold it myself and the buyer lifted it onto the back of his pickup
truck 'all together' and simply shrunk wrapped it. No problems. And he had
too drive 4 hours in an open pickup.

Just go with NAVL and let them balnket wrap it.

(Unless it is a $5000+ MM, CC, MB or other super highly mint collectable
machine I would suggest skip the crate)

I've had NAVL delver about 6 pins and only issue was a broken plunger.

Now I have heard others with some horror stories but that what the insurance
is for, right?

On Wed, 31 Aug, Classic Arcades Inc. wrote:
> I think the crate is going to weigh as much as the machine ;-)
>

> http://www.classic-arcades.com/images/Shuffle_Bowler_Crate_02.jpg
>

> I can't wait to help load this on the tractor trailer

That's a bad idea. They can't fork lift that thing, nor can you use a
pallet jack (you could use two, but they won't).

You're much better off taking it apart and putting the pieces on multiple
pallets. I bought a shuffle alley from Craig Hassel and he did just that.
You can build a custom pallet to lay the long piece on and they *can* truck
just it because it won't weigh enough to hurt anything.

They'll *try* to fork your thing from one end with forks that won't reach
but a little over half way. It *may* work if they grab it from the heavy
end, but you can't guarantee that's the only way they'll try to grab it.
When they grab the light end, you are likely to end up with one big pile of
toothpicks. I know there's going to be a lot more structure than what's in
that picture once you put sheeting on it, but I still think it isn't
enough.

--Donnie

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 30 Aug 2005 20:45:14 -0700, "Classic Arcades Inc."
<mcafee@epix.net> wrote:

>I think the crate is going to weigh as much as the machine ;-)
>

>http://www.classic-arcades.com/images/Shuffle_Bowler_Crate_02.jpg
>

>I can't wait to help load this on the tractor trailer

The buyer can use it to park their car in after the game is unpacked

Cliffy wrote:
Been there, done that! Took two huge pallets and a LOT of plywood and
screws! But it made the trip from Cal to WV in great shape... I think
:)
Mark? :)

Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!
http://www.passionforpinball.com

Yes, it made the trip OK, but I don't remember which half of the ball
bowler you got stuck with. I do remember that when carrying either the
front or back half of the alley into the house we made a judgment
error. Since it had to be carried in sideways to clear the door, we
should have had everyone hold the bottom. The lane ended up coming
apart while moving it the last 30 feet. It had more damage in 30 feet
than in thousands of miles. Cliffy, you know I'll always appreciate
your help. I was VERY happy that you put the crate together with screws
instead of nails.
Mark (CARGPB5)

How on earth did Williams ever send those things anyhow?

Not something I'll be adding to my games room. Even if the room was
empty of pins I don't think I'd get it to fit.

Ping

Classic Arcades Inc. wrote:
> I think the crate is going to weigh as much as the machine ;-)
>

> http://www.classic-arcades.com/images/Shuffle_Bowler_Crate_02.jpg
>

> I can't wait to help load this on the tractor trailer
>

> Jeff
> ClassicARcades Inc.

I don't know how the factory shipped them, but when I bought a Strike
Zone puck bowler, I squeezed it all into my Toyota Sienna. I was
surprised that it fit, AND I could close the doors:)
Mark (CARGPB5)