Hotsync Question

December 22, 2004 5:11:33 PM

If I had the same list of items in the "To Do" on both the handheld
and desktop, then deleted some items from the handheld unit, on the
next hotsync action with "synchronize the files" what happens? Do the
deleted items on the handheld get removed from the desktop, or does
the desktop replace the items on the handheld?

More about : hotsync question

Anonymous
December 22, 2004 5:11:34 PM

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:11:33 +1300, John had this to say...

> If I had the same list of items in the "To Do" on both the handheld
> and desktop, then deleted some items from the handheld unit, on the
> next hotsync action with "synchronize the files" what happens? Do the
> deleted items on the handheld get removed from the desktop, or does
> the desktop replace the items on the handheld?

Geez, that would be hard to test on your own.

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson

> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:11:33 +1300, John had this to say...
>

> > If I had the same list of items in the "To Do" on both the handheld
> > and desktop, then deleted some items from the handheld unit, on the
> > next hotsync action with "synchronize the files" what happens? Do the
> > deleted items on the handheld get removed from the desktop, or does
> > the desktop replace the items on the handheld?
> >

> Geez, that would be hard to test on your own.

Come on... he's playing it safe. Asking before he loses something that might
be difficult to replace.

However, he could have easily created a dummy item, set up the situation he
wanted to validate, then do it. Not necessarily the most OBVIOUS way...

A better answer would have been to "RTFM", or play around with HOTSYNC
settings (CUSTOM).

-jhon
!