Best 7.1 speaker setup for around $2500 plus AV receiver question...

Hi Everyone. To start, I've gone ahead & already skimmed the search results for 7.1 speaker setup recommendations on the forums, however I feel I haven't found an adequate answer in-reguards to my specific inquiries. So to fill you all in a bit.

I've been living off a 32" NEC 720p NLT 32XT3 LCD Tv & a cheap $150 5.1 Z-640 Logitec Speakers for the last 6 years. So, I've still to experience this 1080p revolution everyone keeps talking about, ; ) It's surprising my 360 hasn't run off to find a better home after all it's been through, ha. - I'm ready to delve into a sweet Sony 46" screen soon but have decided to wait till the 2013 models get released as far as Tv's go. But to get to my question about a 7.1 Speaker setup...

I've done more then a couple of days online research & have locked onto these speakers as my possible Speaker replacements. http://www.jbhifi.com.au/home-theatre/samsung/7-1ch-1330w-3d-smart-blu-ray-home-theatre-system-sku-96750/ But that's about it. Remember I'm willing to shell out up $2500AU on a 7.1 speaker system, give or take $500 regarding US conversion. As i'm not an audiophile the only thing I'm getting off this system is the 1330Watts total output & the potential benefits of a Tube Amp, abet for the price of the setup, I'm guessing the Tube Amp is nothing too special...? The only reason why there's such a price difference between my chosen speakers (atm) & what I'm willing to shell out, is because I can't find a surround setup for the $2500 price anywhere. Everything I can find is plastic thin & coupled with tiny cone speakers, hence the $900 price tag accompanying it.... : (

What I'm after, is the best sound I can get for the price for use on my 360 & future Blu-ray player, I have blu-ray on my PC & have a number of titles encoded with 7.1, plus I'm thinking more future proof with any future console upgrades that might happen (Next Gen specifically) I know little about a AV receivers also, & If it should be considered getting one, will an AV receiver increase the output to the speakers from the blu-ray/Console or what the threshold is Watt wise. Is it suppose to be common practice to pare a Receiver with a 5/7.1 speaker setup? Or is it suppose to be connected to two High-end speakers & a sup to be practical? This also I'm having a hard time understanding... I'd also gladly spend $1000 alone on a Receiver if appropriate to the needs of the setup. Some guidance would be grateful.

Thanks to everyone who can point me in the right direction or lend some advice.
4 answers Last reply
More about best speaker setup 2500 receiver question
  1. First off all replace that Sony with Samsung Smart TV ... anyways i've got Bose Acoustimass 6 on Denon AVR 1911.

If u get the components for a decent price like i did buy them, otherwise you can get better stuff for same cash as stock price of those 2 above ...
  2. EddieExecutor said:
    First off all replace that Sony with Samsung Smart TV ... anyways i've got Bose Acoustimass 6 on Denon AVR 1911.

If u get the components for a decent price like i did buy them, otherwise you can get better stuff for same cash as stock price of those 2 above ...

Cheers for the reply, as far at the Bose Acoustimass goes, I'm settled on a 7.1 system for future proofing, as long as I can find the sound to justify it. I checked the Bose website, though couldn't find any 7.1/2 speaker systems unfortunately. The Denon Receiver, current models look good, I probably could do with the 1.4 HDMI 3D connectivity. (Tin-Tin/Tron/Avatar) & built in Wi-fi? Thats cool I guess?
  3. Well yeah the new Denon receivers are TOP ... as always ...
  4. Sick well looks like I have some gear lined up, just waiting to finalize the order & will let everyone know what I ended up getting. back this time tomorrow.
Ask a new question

Read More

High-End Audio Speakers Audio