Indilinx Speeds Up SSDs To 230 MB/s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turas

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
Which drive that is actually out and shipping does 200MB/s. As far as I know the Memoright is the fastest it it is only 130 MB/s. The Mircon which was covered the other day is nowhere to be found or even reviewed. The Samsung one that was annount over a month of go has not been verified and neither has Intel's which is supposed to be around that speed.

G

512MB???
That's the same as a small USB stick!
Great to store a desktop's swap file/drive on to boost performance.

depending on the power requirements this memory would probably not do for notebooks.

G

[citation][nom]Turas[/nom]Which drive that is actually out and shipping does 200MB/s. As far as I know the Memoright is the fastest it it is only 130 MB/s. The Mircon which was covered the other day is nowhere to be found or even reviewed. The Samsung one that was annount over a month of go has not been verified and neither has Intel's which is supposed to be around that speed. [/citation]
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4453&Itemid=22

200MB/s Read for samsung.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
600MB's a second is awesome. This means my machine can fill its ram and set up its swap file in like 10 seconds. So I want one of these for my main drive and swap file and I want a large spinning drive for back up and long term storage (personal folders for pictures and music, email,reports all things that do not require allot of bandwidth so 600MBps would be over kill)
good news for games and Vista!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.