Sign in with
Your question

Laptop: Searching for a long life gaming laptop!

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
July 21, 2010 11:56:36 PM

1_What is your budget?

About 1500$ Can go a bit higher.

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

I would like it to be the size of the envy 15 14.96" (W) x 9.60" (D) x 1.04" (H) or maybe a littler smaller a littler bigger. I have been looking at the Asus G73jh but its a little big for me.

3_What screen resolution do you want?

Anything 14inches or above

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

I go to school across the country so I would like to be able to use it on the plane. I will NOT be taking it to class, it will serve as my desktop away from home.

5_How much battery life do you need?

The longer the batter life the better. But not really a huge factor.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Crysis, starcraft 2, The old republic MMO, Diablo 3 when its released. I want to to play all these games on medium or high above that way in a few years I'll be able to play games on low.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

Watching movies thats about it.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

Atleast 300gb

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

Hopefully 5 years if I can make it last that long 3-4 or so would good.

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Well any standard would due, even no drive would be okay.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13_What country do you live in?

The US.

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Although I am highly against heavy laptops if you tell me this laptop that i am searching for doesnt exist I may be able to force myself to go with the the Asus G73jh.
a b D Laptop
July 22, 2010 12:23:53 AM

saigax said:
1_What is your budget?

I would like it to be the size of the envy 15 14.96" (W) x 9.60" (D) x 1.04" (H) or maybe a littler smaller a littler bigger. I have been looking at the Asus G73jh but its a little big for me.

I go to school across the country so I would like to be able to use it on the plane. I will NOT be taking it to class, it will serve as my desktop away from home.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Crysis, starcraft 2, The old republic MMO, Diablo 3 when its released. I want to to play all these games on medium or high above that way in a few years I'll be able to play games on low.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

Atleast 300gb

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

The US.

Although I am highly against heavy laptops if you tell me this laptop that i am searching for doesnt exist I may be able to force myself to go with the the Asus G73jh.

Hi there,

You should check out the Alienware M15x. It has a powerful processor (2.8 GHz Intel® Core™ i7-720QM) and NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 240M graphics. It also has a 15.6" screen. It is a bit heavy, but I think you will have a really great gaming experience on it!

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team
Related resources
a b D Laptop
July 22, 2010 4:31:02 PM

saigax said:
1_What is your budget?

Atleast 300gb

The US.

If long battery life is important to you, I think you should get the ENVY 14 with the slice battery, which supposedly can double battery life. It's not quite as crazy as the g73jh, but you get far longer battery life.
!