Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Sony
  • Toshiba
  • Mobile Computing
Last response: in Mobile Computing
August 13, 2003 2:50:45 AM

Hello everyone

I am a 3d Artist from Australia & I have been searching for a Laptop for about 3 mths now.

The reason I am buying a laptop: I am Freelancing across Australia in a couple of months. Need a system that does what my workstation at home can.

I have looked at many laptops & done as much reasearch as I possible can.

I was wondering what you guys would recommend between these two notebooks:

My reference is from ebay.com.au

Sony < http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&catego... >

Toshiba < http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&catego... >

I like the Sony solely on the fact that it has the Radeon video card compared to the Toshiba which has a Nvidia. Plus it is cheaper & seems to do everything the Toshiba can. I like the look & Im a sucker for sony. Having said that can anyone give me some hard words of wisdom b4 I fork out AU$4500 for the wrong system.

More about : toshiba sony

August 25, 2003 6:39:12 AM

Go with the Sony, it has a bigger LCD as well. Sony makes great laptops.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
P4 2.4C @ 3.0GHz 1.525V Stock HSF
Abit IS7 BIOS v1.3 GAT Auto
Corsair XMS 512MB TwinX3200C2 2-3-3-6
GeForce4 Ti4200 AGP8X 128MB
Seagate Barracuda 80GB SATA
August 25, 2003 8:50:24 AM

Sony makes great laptops, but sells accessories for an outrigous price. I was looking at a SRX87 laptop last year, and the battery sells for 300 bucks, while the one for my Dell sold for 120.
August 27, 2003 10:34:17 PM

I did 3 weeks of research before I bought my Toshiba Satellite 5100 and the hands down winner was Toshiba over Sony.

Sony is all flash and style and no go. They cost waaaaaaaaay too much money.

Even my classmates said that the Toshiba was a far better by than the Sony, hell the guy who bought the Sony said mine was better lol

He paid 3700 dollars for his unit not including tax and all the little extras he purchased.

Mine cost me 1950 dollars it was brand new but a discontinued model. The 5200 series was replacing it.

Anyway if you ask me stick with Toshiba but to each his own as they say..
!