MN-700 with Cisco 3.6.3 VPN

Last response: in Networking
Share
September 15, 2004 4:41:32 PM

up front, my being able to work at home and not in the office for the
upcoming weeks is dependent on me getting this fixed so all
suggestions are welcome.

I am able to log into a portal through the VPN when I am connected
directly through my DLS/Modem line. However, when I connect through
my router my connection is terminated after 2-5 minutes. Is this due
to port forwarding? I'm lost... Please Help!

More about : 700 cisco vpn

Anonymous
September 15, 2004 6:45:14 PM

I only have two thoughts, but they haven't been
proven...Either try to connect (wired) to your router and
try it then or set a higher idle time for your VPNGroup on
your VPN box at work. I have the same problem, but
haven't got around to looking at it yet.

September 16, 2004 10:07:34 AM

Are you connecting wired or wireless?

If you are connecting wireless are you using WPA?

If you are running Windows XP I'd recommend installing SP2 if you
haven't already done so.

If you are using WPA & are running Windows XP SP2 have you enabled or
disabled 802.1x authentication?

!