Looking for a gaming laptop, but without terrible battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooper

Distinguished
May 28, 2008
I REALLY need a new notebook, my Sony Vaio (Intel M baby!) pretty much imploded on itself after all these years, so I'm looking for a new baby to love. My old laptop basically could not play games expect for Final Fantasy XI :lol: which was fine for me!

Now I'm looking for a laptop that I'll be able to play newer games coming out. Specifically Final Fantasy XIV, Starcraft 2, Diablo III, I'd like to have some future proof, for at least a couple years. However I don't want to have a battery that only lasts for an hour+

1_What is your budget?

I can spend $1000+, no higher than $1500ish though.

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

15" screen or higher.

3_What screen resolution do you want?

The bigger the better, want it for gaming.

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Portable, but with power.

5_How much battery life do you need?

This apparently is the hard part. I take long train trips and such, so I need the battery to last 5+ hours, if not more. I don't mind using 'tricks' to accomplish this though (like a secondary battery perhaps) if it's absolutely necessary.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

the higher the better, I would perfer high settings for the games listed above if at all possible within my budget.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

Watch movies, photoshop, (no video editing) and when not gaming, for only internet browsing.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

I'd like 300GB or more

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

I'd prefer amazon over newegg (NJ tax bleh). Feel free to use newegg as a reference though

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

At least 2 years from purchase.

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Not important, don't even need one.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I don't like Sony... But who does. :sarcastic:

13_What country do you live in?

USA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Please refer to start of the post.

Thanks everyone!

kooper

Distinguished
May 28, 2008
I really do like the specs and the price, but I'm going to be honest; it looks funky to me haha. I don't really like the red plastic wrapped around it. Are there any other laptops you would recommend in this price/quality range that doesn't look so funky? ^^;

kooper

Distinguished
May 28, 2008
Hmm, I see, well if I were to say disregarding battery life, what would be my best choice then?

And is there somewhere I can learn about the newest mobile graphic cards and how they perform against one another?

blazer666_uk

Distinguished
May 21, 2007
What about Alienware laptops (From Dell) they do a few from a 11 inch beast to a 19" monster that is one of the best on the market, along with a massive price tag you can get a core i7 with Dual 1GB Radeon HD 5870's thats pretty awesome for games dont you think

Status
Not open for further replies.