  • Microsoft
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
September 15, 2004 7:43:27 PM

I click on "Management Tool" from the toolbar list and it
opens a blank window that never loads the page. Eventually
I'll get a "gateway error".

Everything else works fine.

Suggestions?

More about : load management tool window

Anonymous
September 16, 2004 12:40:40 AM

Anti_dentite wrote:
> I click on "Management Tool" from the toolbar list and it
> opens a blank window that never loads the page. Eventually
> I'll get a "gateway error".
>
> Everything else works fine.
>
> Suggestions?
Do this.

Open Internet Explorer.

Type "http://192.168.2.1" into the address bar(without the quotes)

hit enter

Report what happens.

Dick Kistler
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 12:40:41 AM

Doing that loaded the mangement window fine for some
reason.

Anonymous
September 16, 2004 12:07:50 PM

"Anti_dentite" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Doing that loaded the mangement window fine for some
> reason.

Ok, then do what I asked you to do again, drag the url in the address window
to the desktop and name it "Broadband Management Tool". Now put it in the
start menu wherever you want to.

Forget using the Broadband Network Utility for accessing the management
tool. Apparently since about forever there has been a bug in the MBNU that
causes problems accessing the Management Tool. Nobody seems to know why and
nobody knows how to fix it permanently. Sometimes I can access the Mgt Tool
from the menu and sometimes not. However, nobody cares, because you can
always access the Management Tool by the way I have shown you. Many who use
XP have uninstalled the MBNU because there is no function it has that XP
doesn't have inherently.

Dick Kistler