I am buying a laptop and need some advice.

I have decided to purchase my own laptop for both personal and work use (I
do field service on printers).

I was thinking of the 5150 but I learned that it has overheating problems.
I looked around and the 9100 seems the next choice, it has a fast video card
for gaming purposes.

The only real problem is see is that battery life isn't that great but I am
only on site for a short period of time, maybe a couple of hours, then I can
hook up to my truck electrical and do a recharge.

Does anyone have any knowledge on the 9100? I am somewhat concerned since
Dell does have it listed on its laptop main page.

MikeT
1 answer Last reply
More about buying laptop advice

    If portability is a concern, the 8600/D800 is another possibility - it is
    smaller and has better battery life than the 9100/XPS, which uses a desktop
    processor.

    "miket6065" <miket6065@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > I have decided to purchase my own laptop for both personal and work use (I
    > do field service on printers).
    >
    > I was thinking of the 5150 but I learned that it has overheating problems.
    > I looked around and the 9100 seems the next choice, it has a fast video
    card
    > for gaming purposes.
    >
    > The only real problem is see is that battery life isn't that great but I
    am
    > only on site for a short period of time, maybe a couple of hours, then I
    can
    > hook up to my truck electrical and do a recharge.
    >
    > Does anyone have any knowledge on the 9100? I am somewhat concerned since
    > Dell does have it listed on its laptop main page.
    >
    > MikeT

Dell Laptops Computers