Please help - another "Identifying network" loop

All - I have a win 7 home edition that is caught in the "identifying network" endless loop.

All of this was set in motion by some adobe update.

I have tried to do some reading on the subject, but I definitely need some help.

I do not have any anti-virus running. I have windows firewall turned off.

I cannot run ipconfig/reset - the computer gives me an error.
I can force a static IP, but from what I read, that won't solve this specific issue, since I cannot see the DNS servers at all.

I set the MTU to 1468, so I am guessing that is not the issue.

Cable is good / changed routers also, just for fun / other wired computer works / wireless laptop and wireless tablets works - so the problem is definitely in win 7 itself.

I cannot do a system restore, as I think I do not have sufficient cache allocated presently.

I have performed the "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" - this does not remedy the situation.

I have not yet tried to get a driver and reload it, but I have disabled / enabled the network adapter several times...

What should be my next steps?

Thanks!

3 answers Last reply
More about please identifying network loop
  1. The error message says your RPC server is unavailable. Did you fiddle around with the service settings? Otherwise not running any anti-virus might be the start of the problem.
  2. I followed some instructions to load the task bar, etc. to overcome the limited loading due to the RPC server error.

I am not running any antivirus that I know of...

The RPC server error is keeping me from running ipconfig/reset.

Also - I have run a flush - that did not help either....
  3. have you check dns settings in your router yet?
    set static dns to googles dns
    server 1 8.8.8.8
    server 2 8.8.4.4
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7