Hard drive activity light

My father just got a Dell 8300. The green led on the front panel is
very dim. Wouldnt be a very big deal to me but he can hardly see it.
Is this normal on all 8300 cases or did he get a dim one?? Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about hard drive activity light

    It seems to me that I have heard that comment before and I have a friend
    with an 8300 which has the difficult to see LED.

    Regards,
    John O.

    "JJO" <jjo@nospam.ca> wrote in message
    > It seems to me that I have heard that comment before and I have a friend
    > with an 8300 which has the difficult to see LED.
    >
    > Regards,
    > John O.

    The LED is small and depending on the viewpoint is hard to see. I suspect
    it's probably normal as well.

    Stew

    It looks dim because it's constantly flashing on and off as the drive is
    being accessed. All normal.

    Rocky

    "Mike Hunt" <thegatekeeper@africamail.com> wrote in message
    > My father just got a Dell 8300. The green led on the front panel is
    > very dim. Wouldnt be a very big deal to me but he can hardly see it.
    > Is this normal on all 8300 cases or did he get a dim one?? Thanks.

    On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 20:43:11 GMT, Mike Hunt
    <thegatekeeper@africamail.com> wrote:

    >My father just got a Dell 8300. The green led on the front panel is
    >very dim. Wouldnt be a very big deal to me but he can hardly see it.
    >Is this normal on all 8300 cases or did he get a dim one?? Thanks.

    Thanks for all the replies. Dad was thinking about calling Dell about
    this but I talked him out of it. He cant hear very well and the Dell
    tech people cant speak english very well so that call would have been
    a real trip! Again thanks all.

Dell Light Hard Drives Computers