Tech: IJ GI Problems

Sandman

I have a few GI problems on my Indiana Jones and am hoping someone can
point me in the right direction. The upper half of the lights on the
backbox work but the lower half are dead and also all of the 906 bulbs
are dead. I removed and tested all fuses and they are fine. When I put
my AC voltmeter on J120 I get the 5V on the orange wires but not on the
green. On J124 and J125 I get no voltage on any of the pins. Where
should I go from here?

Thanks for your help!

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

The 906 flashers are not GI. They are solenoids. See the solenoid chart.
Check fuses.

This should help you out with the Gis:

http://marvin3m.com/wpc/index3.htm#gi

Top videos are good too.

Of course, make sure the bulbs are good.

Otto

CARGPB11

"sandman" <steveanelson@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have a few GI problems on my Indiana Jones and am hoping someone can
> point me in the right direction. The upper half of the lights on the
> backbox work but the lower half are dead and also all of the 906 bulbs
> are dead. I removed and tested all fuses and they are fine. When I put
> my AC voltmeter on J120 I get the 5V on the orange wires but not on the
> green. On J124 and J125 I get no voltage on any of the pins. Where
> should I go from here?
>
> Thanks for your help!

also if you have the coin door open the high power is off, so the
solenoid controlled flashers won't work (no voltage to high power with
door open)

My IJ had the same problem with the lower backbox G-I lights. I replaced the
IDC-style connector with a trifurcon crimp pin connector. A couple of the
header pins were showing some discoloration. After cleaning these items up,
the problem went away.