Pentium V

wschuerm

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
Intel said that there won't be any pentium 4 at 4ghz.

Now with FSB 1066, PCI express, DDRII, new chipsets (a bit), 2mb cache,... maybe even 64 bit capabilities wouldn't it be fair to assume that the first Pentium V will be 4ghz and that Pentium 4 is at its end. The architecture can handle 4ghz, numerous overclocking examples with lower grade cpu's have proven that. In all fairness this is more feasable than Intel not being able to get there...

ASUS P4P800S-X
P IV 2,4 @ nothing caus this board doesn't OC for [-peep-]
2x512MB Corsair pc4000
120 maxtor SATA
Sapphire Radeon 9800pro 128mb
Watercooled

wschuerm

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
eveyone is shouting that Intel can't hack it because they scratched pentium 4 4 ghz. My point is that the 4 ghz will be Pentium V

ASUS P4P800S-X
2x512MB Corsair pc4000
120 maxtor SATA
Watercooled<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by wschuerm on 10/16/04 10:52 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

RichPLS

Champion
<A HREF="http://new.wavlist.com/movies/127/gij-suck.wav" target="_new"> Say what? </A>

wschuerm

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
thats mature. I was being serious.

ASUS P4P800S-X
2x512MB Corsair pc4000
120 maxtor SATA
Watercooled

my point is that the 4 ghz will be Pentium V

Where did you get this information from?

Intel have ditched the Mhz wars, there next new architechure will most likely be geared towards IPC numbers rather than Mhz

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
They will release a 1mhz Super IPC cpu :p

Click <font color=blue><A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">HERE</A></font color=blue> if you real<b>l</b>y are an <font color=red>idiot</font color=red>.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
No, Intel's dead in the water like I said. But they will come back to life with a new, slow processor, probably around 2GHz with dual cores and very high IPC.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

wschuerm

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
it would be better if they came up with dual core dothans or something. I didn't get any information anywhere. I just speculated on whats known. It's known that a lot of lower grade cpu's can make it to 4 ghz, it's known that there will be new fsb speeds and more cache.

And please be serious are you people really that blind?? [I will probably get an AMD system myself because of the perfomance but most of all the possibility in overclocking options (love to tinker)] But calling Intel dead/ dead in the water/ done for/... whatever. we are talking about a 132 billion $ company. Do you guys REALLY think that they just struck out thats all I'm saying.We here to talk about tech and not companys that can't handle tech. Lets just talk about what they will do when not a 4 ghz CPU. (which in time will come to market but simply/probably not under any current architecture or marketing name)

ASUS P4P800S-X
2x512MB Corsair pc4000
120 maxtor SATA
Watercooled

trooper11

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2004
why cant they talk about the company? lol that is what all of this is about.

and i agree, intle is not dead, but they got ko'ed in this round, we just have to see what they fight back with.

wschuerm

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
Sure we can talk about the companies but it's utter nonsense to declare either of them dead.

ASUS P4P800S-X
2x512MB Corsair pc4000
120 maxtor SATA
Watercooled

endyen

Splendid
Not dead, but dead in the water, becalmed, hit a brick wall.
Problem is, Intel has always played the turtle, not the hare. When they slow down, they get bogged down. They will be back on top, but they have to get moving first.
I really hate it, with no competition, progress slows, and prices soar. It's lousy for the consummer.

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
No there will be no 4GHz as Intel said for a lon long time.

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=191843#191843" target="_new">http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=191843#191843</A>

:tongue: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/priyajeet/fing.jpg" target="_new"><i><font color=red>Very funny, Scotty.</font color=red><font color=blue> Now beam down my clothes.</font color=blue></i></A> :tongue:

RichPLS

Champion
So will double core mean high watt plus dissapation x heat^2

wschuerm

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
Lol i hope not 200 watts from a cpu ???

But really, a 4 ghz will come eventually (but when??) The computer industry is known for statements like "this is it" "4 computers ion the whole world will be enough" etc. We as humans (or Intel at least) lacks the knowledge and know how to produce 4ghz CPUs efficiently and cost effective.

In the mean time I'm wondering why the **** the A64 3500+ still costs at least 307€ in Belgium. Dollar prices are lower even with the current exchange rates.

ASUS P4P800S-X
2x512MB Corsair pc4000
120 maxtor SATA
Watercooled<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by wschuerm on 10/18/04 02:43 PM.</EM></FONT></P>