Budget gaming laptop for $499

Status
Not open for further replies.

rd350

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
budget and gaming laptop are two completely different things price wise...even though that laptop does have a gpu don't expect high fps in most games...it might be ok to play olr games like aoe,wc3,sc etc

DarkStormComputers

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
I agree, when I think gaming laptop... I think laptops like the ones I sell. When I think budget gaming laptop, I think the dells or a lenovo with an "ok" gpu but even then . I had a Dell inspiron and I caused it to overheat so bad from working the gfx card that i melted the keys on the keyboard. So even when buying a laptop. Its more then just graphics and cpu, but also cooling and usability. Do you want a computer that is going to play games and burn your lap and hands is also something to concider. Just my 2 cents, tyvm :)

It looks for its price, but you can't expect a great gaming performance from a 4570M.

I like darkstorms response, there is a big difference between a PC that can game and a gaming PC.
Surprisingly my laptop is relatively cool when playing games, but doing CPU intensive things like streaming video (8200GM, Flash 10.1 not supported :( ) it gets hot as hell.

DarkStormComputers

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
A lot of people buy a 499$ computer that can game and expect it to run Call of Duty 4 or Crysis on Very High. This is where the difference of products like my site sells compared to a simple computer that can handle videogames. I also make sure we have a powerful cpu (the core i7) that can do other tasks, like encoding videos or streaming videos for example. This honestly makes the difference between a 500$ laptop and a 3'000$ laptop. Not just that, there is the question of modularity and upgradability. Cheap laptops are disposible computers, they are not intended to be upgradable.

Status
Not open for further replies.