Sign in with
Your question

P4 3.0E 1MB L2 (How Fast can it go)?

Last response: in CPUs
October 17, 2004 6:56:44 AM

How much can I expect a P4 3.0E FSB 800 1MB L2 Cashe on a SOYO P4I875P Dragon 2 ver 1.0 to overclock? Also, I have noticed that some P4's overclock much better than others. If this is not one of the better OC candidates shouldnt I just leave it as is?

More about : 1mb fast

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 17, 2004 7:19:57 AM

Hey, that's the same board I have, I got mine free, how much did you pay for yours?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
October 17, 2004 7:31:14 AM

Im the same person that sent you the PM a little while ago. 159 from zipwhateverzoom.com with a $100 rebate. Ends up costing $59.00. Go to the website and see. The rebate runs through the 24th. Did you get my last PM. I was commenting on the graphics of that OS that I mentioned?
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 17, 2004 7:44:18 AM

I know, I just wanted you to repeat it for everyone else. You see, I've been recommending the IS7 as a solid board with great features/performance/price, but OUR board has even more performance/features at an even lower price (after rebate).

Of course Abit has the better RMA policy, but heck, who can argue with a top board as seen in <A HREF="http://www.sysopt.com/reviews/SOYO_P4I875P/index.html" target="_new">THIS AWESOME REVIEW</A> for only $59!

Anyway, I'd probably go with Crucial Ballistix as seen in <A HREF="http://www.sysopt.com/reviews/Crucial_Ballistix/index.h..." target="_new">THIS OTHER AWESOME REVIEW</A> and try for 250MHz bus. That's 3.75GHz, a good goal. But you'll need REALLY good cooling to get there, too bad you probaby don't have the money for the cooler in <A HREF="http://www.sysopt.com/reviews/Asetek_Antarctica/index.h..." target="_new">THIS EXTREMELY AWESOME REVIEW</A>!!!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
October 17, 2004 8:10:53 AM

I hear that guy is nothing but trouble!

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 17, 2004 8:58:05 AM

d00d, I've read that name a few times, it's "Strom", as in "Stream", not "Storm".

October 17, 2004 1:05:54 PM

I hope that rebate is through Zipzoom and not SOYO. Soyo is absolutely aweful at fufilling rebates. Document it well, and be prepared to ask for your rebate in 12 weeks. :frown: I won't even do the rebates that give you a Soyo mobo for free anymore. And I am not anti Soyo, used probably 30-40 of there mobos. I just hate mail in rebates that require extra work/headaches to get. And Soyo is one of the worst IMO.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 17, 2004 6:47:36 PM

w00t, you know how many years I've worked to catch you making a mistake! Just kidding :smile:

!