$100-ish 2.0 speakers?

martinduque86

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

I don't really like 2.1 speakers, never been much of a subwoofer fan. That's precisely the reason why I'd like to buy instead an above average 2.0 speaker system and spend a little more on it.

The BOSE ones look fine, but I know that -even if it is pretty much the best brand- it is also ridiculously overpriced (not quality wise, but spec wise instead).

I actually had my eyes on these CREATIVE GigaWorks T20 Series II Speakers (51MF1610AA002); always liked CREATIVE as a brand, and these speakers look like the best ones I could get for $ 100-ish USD. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone for their valuable input! :)

M-Audio AV series. AV40 or 30. I have the AV40, next to the Logitech Z560 speakers they are by far the best sounding ones I have ever had. True audio quality, very balanced sound. Bit large, but sound amazing. Retail on the AV40s is way over 100, but you can get them online for much cheaper, and the AV30s should be just as good and cheaper still. Every time I do a post on these I sound like an ad hehe, but they are just that good. If you are OK with the size, even if you don't have a set to try out around you, you can feel confident it's a good purchase. I can't speak for the AV20s, I think they use different speakers, but if their sound is similar to the AV30 and 40, they'd be a good buy as well.

http://www.google.com/products?q=M-audio+AV&hl=en

I never liked Bose, they have good tech but at least to my ear, a very muddy sound. Their best feature I think is soundfield reproduction, not sound quality.