Viewsonic poor gaming quality help!

Segments

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Hi guys, just thought I'd pop in for some help. I have a VA2431 Viewsonic monitor. It is a 24" widescreen and I use it to play Xbox 360 games, such as Call of Duty, Madden, FIFA, etc. Now, my problem is, I have it sitting on a desk and I sit in my desk chair and play, usually no farther than 3-7 feet. From around 5 feet and closer, I can completely notice the pixels on games such as Madden and other sports games since the camera is panned out most of the time, unlike Call of Duty which is an FPS, which looks better. I use a VGA cable and have the settings set to 1920x1080 HD. How come it doesn't look HD from 5 feet and closer, when zoomed out on sports games ? Please help !

Lcds are static resolution. If you run at non native resolutions you could get distortion, or blocking if you use a lower definition source. Running on vga isnt helping as well.

You might be able to improve things a bit by changing sharpness settings on the panel or xbox.

Segments

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Well, to lower sharpness, you must take it off of native...I'm just confused on why I haven't been able to figure it out for almost 2 years... I mite just switch to HDMI and a bigger monitor if that helps?