dp

Anyone else having trouble with this? At First I d-
loaded it and it worked fine. Next day I go to open it
and it says that it can't be opened then gives me a link
that tells me i need to reinstall it from the Microsoft
website. So, i did that and it now says that it is not
compatible with my version of Windows? How can that be.
I run XP and got the version for XP. I then went to
other sites (www.download.com) and got the same file with
no change. I cannot install or run media player 10 nor
can i rollback to 9 series. Any Ideas on how to or what
to do about this not working?

Thank you

joker

Post this problem is a newsgroup for either Windows XP or media player.

It is way off topic over here in a hardware newsgroup.

dp wrote:
> Anyone else having trouble with this? At First I d-
> loaded it and it worked fine. Next day I go to open it
> and it says that it can't be opened then gives me a link
> that tells me i need to reinstall it from the Microsoft
> website. So, i did that and it now says that it is not
> compatible with my version of Windows? How can that be.
> I run XP and got the version for XP. I then went to
> other sites (www.download.com) and got the same file with
> no change. I cannot install or run media player 10 nor
> can i rollback to 9 series. Any Ideas on how to or what
> to do about this not working?
>
> Thank you

dp

yea i had 1 hour of sleep. sorry guys, thought i was in
annoyances.org.

chrisb

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2004

This may not be as off-topic as it seems. I was running
WMP 10 when my system locked up. Once I rebooted, I
couldn't access the Internet from my computer through my
MN-700, even though all my wireless laptops got on fine.
I spent days hunting the problem, until I tried to
install the new MN-700 firmware and got a message that I
had to disable my firewall. I had no firewall enabled,
but after some hit-and-miss, I uninstalled Norton
Internet Security and all the problems went away.

Can I swear it was WMP 10? No, but I had never had a
problem (for months) before. So I'm going back to WMP 9.

Can anyone see any connection here? I'd love to solve
this mystery.

ChrisB