Where to buy anti-static bags, foam, etc...

drthrd

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
I wanted to find a nearby store that sold anti-static supplies. I went to BestBuy, Office Depot, OfficeMax and Staples looking for anti-static supplies. Office Depot had the best selection but didn't have it all. Office Depot didn't have the gray anti-static bags or the thick CPU anti-static foam. Office Depot had the anti-static bubble wrap, anti-static bubble bags and the thin anti-static foam. I cannot find anywhere to buy the thick CPU anti-static foam.

As far as online stores, I know TigerDirect has some anti-static bags but that is the only place I know of, is there any other good places to buy the bags? I have fount some online stores that sells anti-static supplies but they had items that were priced to high. The prices ranged from 50 to 400 or 500 dollars. I do not want something like that.

Is there any big retail stores that has all of it at a good price? All of it means the thick anti-static CPU foam, the thin anti-static foam, the gray anti-static bags, anti-static bubble wrap and the anti-static bubble bags. As far as price goes the gray anti-static bags at TigerDirect go for like 7 dollars for a pack of 10. The products at Office Depots were like around 20 dollars and less. If no retail stores have it all does any online stores have it all at a good price?

anti-static products are not typically bought by consumers. the only times people may look for such products is when rma shipping hard drives or other electronic devices. this means that office supply stores may carry the basic products people need but they will be overpriced and the selection will be limited.

by ordering online you can definitely get a much greater selection. price is often determined by quantity. if you purchase alot the price per individual will go down.

i'm sure if you searched www.google.com you would have found a few sources.

here is one reputable company:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#static-control-bags/=e1ojw7

they have bags and foam.