AMD Vs. Intel

Blackhawk3D

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2004
Okay, I may be starting a war here, but it's all in good spirit right? Anyway, what are your opinions concerning Processors from both companies. Is any one company significantly better than the other? All opinions welcome.

Blasphemy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2004
Is it me, or is it every time I come here there's another 'Who's better, AMD or Intel' thread, and of course the same replies to that question? FFS just read the buyer's guide that the THG Community worked on before you post any BS like this. Thank you and have a good day.

----------------------------------------------------
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (stock)//1GB Corsair 3200XL//ATI Radeon 9700Pro (360/335)//WD Raptor 74GB/Antec Neopower 480W//Lian Li PC-61 Custom

There are benefits to AMD and Intel. What would be best for me, isn't necessarily best for you. Just depends on what you do with your computer.

My Desktop: <A HREF="http://Mr5oh.tripod.com/pc.html" target="_new">http://Mr5oh.tripod.com/pc.html</A>

Manhota

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004
i want the best of both worlds raw multimedia power but awsome 3d gameplay.

gameplay comes first for me so AMD on a budget but if i had all the money in the world i would buy both, both are equally as good at what they do best.

Intel p4 is better at multimedia which i wish i have if i had the doe for.

AMD 64bit is good at games which i also wish i have, but i have a xp2600. hmmm dreams

both are wicked pro`s with advantages and disadvantages i havent seen any fan boys in here which is excelent.

its pretty much bliss in this forum so i cant see any arguments happening.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Corsair_XL.html

Blackhawk3D

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2004
Sorry to offend you blasphemy, I didn't see any when I posted. I didn't know there was a guide explaining things maybe, instead of jumping all over someone you could kindly post a link to the page you speak of? I didn't mean to cause any problems or post any BS. I asked a ligitimate question, and if the answer to it is in a guide you could just post the link.

endyen

Splendid
We are a little sensitive about flamewars here. I realize that it was not your intent to start one, but your post could be interpretted to lean that way.
If you were trying, it wouldn't work right now, as Amd is in control. If those idiot Intel fanboys were, then there would be a major flame going here now.

Blasphemy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2004
There's is a sticky on this very forum you posted on right at the top called "Buyers' Guide". It's pretty hard to miss

----------------------------------------------------
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (stock)//1GB Corsair 3200XL//ATI Radeon 9700Pro (360/335)//WD Raptor 74GB/Antec Neopower 480W//Lian Li PC-61 Custom<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Blasphemy on 10/20/04 00:51 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Blackhawk3D

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2004
I'm sorry, I missed it? I was just trying to get the general concensus. Blasphemy: I realize that it is frustrating, I post frequently on another board and the same questions get asked over and over. my bad okay? peace!