At wits end regarding mouse...

Tags:
  • Mice
  • USB
  • Drivers
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
April 20, 2010 1:38:38 AM

Mouse keeps on connecting reconnecting.... Mouse is Logitech G9.... 3 other USB devices are not having any problems

I have tried:

Mouse on different computer.. It works no problem
Different mouse on my computer...same problem
Updated drivers..Catalyst Control package, just the drivers etc..... Problems continue
Changing power config so usb ports dont power down..No help
changing USB ports...No help
Deleting device from device manager and letting W7 find and install drivers... no help

I am sure I am missing a thing or 2, but thats the basic list...

Any ideas?

More about : wits end mouse

a b $ Windows 7
a b \ Driver
April 20, 2010 2:24:11 AM

Quote:
Updated drivers..Catalyst Control package, just the drivers etc..... Problems continue

Just curious why ATI CCC drivers would have anything to do with a Logitech G9 mouse? Google Logitech and find drivers and support. Download and install the latest Windows 7 driver available.
m
l
April 20, 2010 10:39:39 AM

ooops...Your right... i was tired and getting ready for bed...I ment logitech drivers and their suite of programs for mouse/keyboard stuff...I have tried just the drivers and the big program that allows you to setup all the neat features for the mouse and my keyboard..

m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
a b \ Driver
April 20, 2010 4:37:53 PM

For your G9 to work on another computer, and another USB mouse to fail on your current computer, suggests an issue with your USB ports and/or drivers. How old is your mobo? Is your keyboard also USB? Any trouble with USB devices other than rodents?
m
l
April 20, 2010 5:04:22 PM

Mouse has troubles with all other usb ports..

Like I said my 3-4 other usb devices do not have any of the same issues..
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
a b \ Driver
April 20, 2010 5:12:13 PM

Well, I have found Logitech support to be very good. As long as the mouse is under warranty, the company should send a new one right out. They even let me keep the old one.
m
l
April 21, 2010 3:50:54 AM

Only thing is he said it works fine on another computer. What PSU are you running? Perhaps it's not quite able to supply enough to power the drives, etc plus all usb ports?
m
l