Restoring DE lockdown bar?

Anyone done one, or have thoughts on method etc. Thinking about
powdercoating, saw some previous posts about spraying with wrinkle paint but
I have serious doubts about how well that would hold up. Or if someone has a
decent one for sale.........

GRY

I had the same issue you have....

I tried the wrinkle paint, but it produced MUCH too much wrinkle. It
looked terrible! I'm sure it was "painter error", but I could never
get the proper wrinkle to the paint. When I googled, I ran across
several posts saying to put on the paint thick, or it wouldn't wrinkle.
In my case, it wrinkled much too severely for me, and I tried on two
separate occasions, using differing amounts of paint each time. (The
citrus-based paint strippers do a wonderful job removing wrinkle paint,
BTW!)

What I ended up doing was to use a Rustoleum paint called "Hammered
Finish". I'm fairly pleased with the results, although it won't
identically match your side rails. (It's a bit more glossy, and the
hammered finish doesn't have exactly the same texture as the side
rails) The paint has held up for over a year now, and still looks
good. I've considered painting my side rails with the same paint, so
it all matches.

Hope this helps,

Gerry Manis

I think I have one more of these left, NOS, down in the dungeon.

Let me know if you want me to dig it up and take a look at it.

Jim Knight

"Ceegary" <ceegary@cox.net> wrote in message
> Anyone done one, or have thoughts on method etc. Thinking about
> powdercoating, saw some previous posts about spraying with wrinkle paint
> but I have serious doubts about how well that would hold up. Or if someone
> has a decent one for sale.........
>
> GRY

Yes please, down into the dungeon would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

GRY

"Jim Knight" <rottendog@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
>I think I have one more of these left, NOS, down in the dungeon.
>
> Let me know if you want me to dig it up and take a look at it.
>
> Jim Knight
>
> "Ceegary" <ceegary@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Anyone done one, or have thoughts on method etc. Thinking about
>> powdercoating, saw some previous posts about spraying with wrinkle paint
>> but I have serious doubts about how well that would hold up. Or if
>> someone has a decent one for sale.........
>>
>> GRY

If anyone can confirm that Data East games use the same lockdown bar as
Stern I could get you a brand new one for around $35.00. However, even
if the lockdown bar fits perfectly, the Stern one will have the
tournament plug in it.
Terry.
www.pinballlife.com

I thought I'd mentioned it in this thread, but did it in another thread. I'm
looking fo a widebody bar, for G'NR specifically.

GRY