Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Questions on oem liscense

Last response: in Windows 7
December 11, 2012 12:18:46 AM

I have a dell inspiron 560, and I recently just bought a new motherboard. As it ships in the mail ive been doing research and realized i have an oem liscence. Ive done some researd, none looking too positive about being able to use the same os without buying another..:( 

What im asking- is there any way I can continue to use my OS without having to purchase another version? Reformating my hdd/ resetting parts on my comp is not an issue.
thanks

More about : questions oem liscense

a b V Motherboard
December 11, 2012 1:02:00 AM

If it wasnt OEM Win7 you could transfer motherboards and not have to re-install windows, however, if the OEM Licesnse key isnt out of uses, you can use it again when you re-install windows with your new motherboard
m
l
December 11, 2012 1:13:45 AM

so like would reformatting the hdd make it think it hasnt been used? or how should i make it so i can use it again? thanks
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 973 V Motherboard
a c 395 $ Windows 7
December 11, 2012 1:18:55 AM

OEM versions of Windows 7 are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

Microsoft.com ^
December 11, 2012 1:26:05 AM

Best answer selected by puddingman1192.
m
l
!