Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Dropped my laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
July 26, 2010 8:47:45 PM

i tripped over the cord of my ibm r50 pentium m 1.4ghz laptop and so it fell on the tile floor :(  i have an ssd so no data loss, but the right hinge snapped. the computer still owrks, but im worried that the wire that is now in view that used to be protected by the hinge will be damaged. what can i do about it?

More about : dropped laptop

Best solution

a b D Laptop
July 27, 2010 12:51:49 AM

You can look into buying a new hinge or complete hinge set up if they are available (see link below). If that isn't an option, you can maybe just use some electrical tape to protect the wire for the time being.

http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/
July 27, 2010 1:37:53 AM

ok i just ordered a hinge set off of ebay. ill let you know if i manage to install it.
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
July 27, 2010 2:28:42 AM

shovenose said:
ok i just ordered a hinge set off of ebay. ill let you know if i manage to install it.

Good luck with that - Google for the maintenance manual, IBM/Lenovo were very good at putting their's out there and it's not adviseable to take a laptop to bits without reading the relevant parts first.

m
l
July 27, 2010 2:29:35 AM

ive taken the cover iff mulitple times to upgrade the ram and just to poke around. the hinged should nt be too trickle!
m
l
July 27, 2010 2:29:51 AM

Best answer selected by shovenose.
m
l
!